Has anyone done a private tour to Altun Ha?

mconthehighseas

We have a small child, and I don't think he has the attention span or patience for an all day excursion. I am considering a private guide, so we can go on a shorter tour, and we can turn around to go back to the ship if our little one starts to get cranky. The ship excursions all go to somewhere else in addition to Altun Ha, and I think that won't work.

That said, I was told that the roads to Altun Ha are very rough, and that it might not be a good idea to go there with a little one, even if we bring a car seat.

Has anyone done something like this? If you have, do you have a guide you can recommend? And did you like the experience?

I am also considering going to the Belize Zoo instead. If anyone has done a tour there?

• 2 weeks later...

The road is incredibly bumpy and rough once you turn off the main road. The main road is not great but the one to Altun Ha was really bad last December.

We have a small child, and I don't think he has the attention span or patience for an all day excursion. I am considering a private guide, so we can go on a shorter tour, and we can turn around to go back to the ship if our little one starts to get cranky. The ship excursions all go to somewhere else in addition to Altun Ha, and I think that won't work.

That said, I was told that the roads to Altun Ha are very rough, and that it might not be a good idea to go there with a little one, even if we bring a car seat.

Has anyone done something like this? If you have, do you have a guide you can recommend? And did you like the experience?

I am also considering going to the Belize Zoo instead. If anyone has done a tour there?