Food issues and Your Time Dining

amcjeep4life

My BIL is lactose intolerant, and we have always done late dining when we cruise. He has very good luck with the assistant Maitre'd coming to the table the night before and discussing the next night's menu. They even made a few things specifically for him, by leaving cheese off the top, or that sort of thing. For our next cruise, we really want to try YTD, but he is worried that he will end up eating things he shouldn't. Has anyone with this kind of an issue done YTD and still had good meals that didn't kill them?

Just off the Glory yesterday. Friends had to change to a set dining time and a set waiter for celiac condition. Lots of options on the menu, but they will ask you for your choices for the following night. They are very good at special diets.

They have been great in the past, we are just worried that he will have to move to a set time. There are 8 of us cruising together (so far), and 6 of us want YTD. BIL just wants to be able to eat all the time. He's hollow. LOL. I know we have generally avoided the buffet, because you just never know what might be in the food, but he loves Guy's and Blue Iguana too.

My daughter And I both eat a gluten free diet. We sailed on the freedom in June and had anytime dining. It was wonderful! The waiter would show us the next day's dinner menu and we would pick out what we wanted. Almost anything we ordered was able to be modified to be gluten free, with a few exceptions. In those cases we just ordered something else. We couldn't believe how helpful and accommodating the staff was.

When they seat you at YTD they ask for your cabin number so they will know who you are and that person's special needs will be indicated on the computer.

Since you are a large group and there are just a few large tables you will probably also have the same wait staff each night. They will get to know you.