Private Travel Agents Selling Onboard?

xxHadleyxx

Seriously? I can tell you that I have known a few cabin stewards who do not report finding an opened bottle of liquor in a cabin - not that it was in my cabin, of course....

Its the bar service that will turn you in, they come into your room and check out the fridge every day. if they see bottles of liquer they are suppose to report it.

I know if the steward finds a forbidden bottle of liquor in the room he is instructed to notify the uppers of the violation. If this travel agent soliciting was against the rules that the same would occur and apparently it didn't.

I have had plenty of liquor sitting out in the open on almost every voyage.

If my room steward ever took it or told someone.

He would wind up getting "0" tips.

And I think most of them know that because I have never had anyone on any cruise line turn me in.

They have all be very helpful with ice, glasses, mixers, etc.

I thinkthey want their tips instead of being the golden taddle-tale(which gets nothing)

Edited by matj2000

on March 2013 sailing aboard Liberty each morning i would have my coffee & smoke at the Pool Deck smoking area.....i and others were approached by a couple (both TA's) who would solicit fellow cruisers seated in smoking area tables even sitting and discussing cruises and handed out some flyers listing various cruiselines.....the 3rd morning they were approached by RCL staff officers (believe Hotel & Security) and told to STOP soliciting....the couple adhered to the RCL staff requests....following morning under watcheful eye of same RCL staff both TA's had coffee and cigs only....handed out no flyers nor discussed any cruise deals....:eek:

am sure many cruise deals are made by TA's onboard but not by hardselling and soliciting like i experienced on Liberty....:cool:

Edited by 2004corvette