Just back from the Getaway!

janpo

We sailed the Getaway Sept 13th -20th. Landed in Miami the night before and stayed at the Hotel Mariott in the financial district. It was just ok.

Embarked on the Getaway around noon on Saturday and my first reaction was just WOW. This is one big and beautiful ship.

We had an ocean view family cabin #5160 and for the two of us..it was perfect. It was very big . It had a queen sized bed, a sitting area with a couch that pulls out into a bed. The bathroom was big as ships bathrooms go. It even had a bathtub!

We saw Burn the floor, Legally blonde but the most favorite of mine was the Illusionarium. That show was fantastic! Well worth the extra money. I've heard bad things about the meal they serve but imo the meal was great. In fact, it would be better if they didn't serve a meal during the show because you miss some of the show just by eating. We had front row seats and were able to see just about everything.

We did an excursion in St. Marteen which showed us the Dutch and the French side of the island. It was an NCL tour by bus and by boat. Really recommend that.

For St thomas the only thing we saw was the inside of a hospital and a pharmacy. I had had a stiff neck and a stabbing pain in the back of my head for a couple of days. I also started getting a rash on my shoulder and neck. I thought i got bit by something. I went to the ships Dr who sent me to the hospital. No allergic reaction and i wasn't bit. I had somehow gotten the shingles. That meant what i packed i couldn't wear. I ended up buying cotton t-shirts at the ports and onboard. The ships Dr said i was fine to roam around the ship. I was surprised but happy about that.

As beautiful as the Getaway is, my husband and I both agree that the ship is just too big for us. We prefer the smaller ones. We have sailed the Pearl before and loved it. We will be cruising on the Sky by next FEb. I have to set that date now.