Sapphire Princess Maitre D'Hotel

NeptuneSeas

I got the info today in my princess email that for the oct 24 sailing it will be Pasquale Marino.

I have to ask--you have been all over the roll calls and these boards--why do you want to know?

I don't think its ever made a difference to me who the maître d' is and I wonder if its a big deal to others?

Thank you for posting. FYI, we both have food allergies/dietary requirements & need to interact regularly & as in any role, some are more proactive in their duties. The same can apply for the Cruise Director, though this doesn't affect us. It's all subjective of course; some pax never have the need to interact with certain crew, whilst others do. Bon Voyage & Bon Apetite!

Just returned from Sapphire Princess Grand Asia tour on Sunday. What a fabulous cruise.

Don't know who the Maitre D is, however My wife has a dairy allergy so carries her own dairy free spread with her. On the first night Constantine in the Savoy restaurant spotted this and organised her dietry needs for the entire cruise, he was a gem.

Just returned from Sapphire Princess Grand Asia tour on Sunday. What a fabulous cruise.

Don't know who the Maitre D is, however My wife has a dairy allergy so carries her own dairy free spread with her. On the first night Constantine in the Savoy restaurant spotted this and organised her dietry needs for the entire cruise, he was a gem.

Hi Big Paul,

Great to know you had a great cruise. We sail on the Sapphire October 7th and would greatly appreciate knowing more!

I would think that you can email the appropriate department at Princess HQs if you have specific needs that would entail special ingredients...such as a gluten free diet (Kosher meals will be another example).

Otherwise, just see the head waiter. He will come over every night with a menu for the next day and between the two of you decide on an entree specially prepared for you, and otherwise advise you on other courses. I noted in the cruise personalizer when hubby needed a low cholesterol diet (he had a borderline test result) before one cruise, and the head waiter conferred with him at every dinner. But after that cruise, he just looked for the symbols on the menu.

On our last cruise, the waiter was giving suggestions on items, and I casually mentioned that I skip any sea food as I have an major allergy to shellfish. Just moments later, the head waiter was by my side, offering his assistance. My main concern actually was with the buffet as on a prior cruise, I served myself some stir-fry, sat down, and noticed the little pink things in the mix, which of course would mean a major health crisis if I did eat even around the items (cross-contamination is not good for shellfish allergies). Push aside that plate and got myself something else to eat (and mentioned on the post-cruise comments that anything in the buffet that contains allergens needs to be identified). I also avoid the tray next to any shellfish tray because I can't trust that someone didn't use the same serving utensil on both.

So really, just talk to the head waiter that first afternoon (it does help to get traditional dining as your waitstaff will also be looking out for you) about your dietary needs. But I don't worry about head waiter's names. I figured that part of their job to attend to your needs in the MDRs.

the ship wa fantastic, plenty of room for everyone, however I was told that it was only 3/4 full. very multinational, Australians New Zealanders, Chinese, Koreans, Canadians and of course British. There was a european menu changes daily, alongside asian favorites, starters the same every evening.

The show team were great, doing approximately 5 shows throughout the 17 days, there were plenty of guest entertainers, some better than others.

Nagasaki peace gardens were well worth a visit, however the museum was rather busy with various school parties visiting at the time we were there.

Busan, we did this on our own, shuttle buses were provided, we then took the Hop on Hop off bus to tour the area. Be aware that the bus stop for this bus was directly across the road from where we were dropped off. it is outside the tourist information office.

Tai Pei we took a tour there visiting shang hai chek museum, Not Bad

da nang Again another half day tour. good tour but if they take you to the market make sure you have nose clips! the smell was nauseating, however upstairs was fascinating with silk blouses dresses and shoes made in the market, unfortunately there was not enough time to have anything made.

This could be rather long so will try to do a full review in the next few days