Carnival food prep

mykindaparty

I just had 85% of my stomach removed and will be on the Elation for Halloween. Is there a number I can call and request certain foods, I will only be eating things like yogurt, eggs, mashed potatoes, etc, in other words very soft foods and can only have 2 oz portions. I know I can get the yogurt and eggs in the buffet in the mornings and mashed potatoes in the main dining room but I have to eat every few hrs and was wondering if I could request food made especially for my diet. Any information would be helpful, thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just had 85% of my stomach removed and will be on the Elation for Halloween. Is there a number I can call and request certain foods, I will only be eating things like yogurt, eggs, mashed potatoes, etc, in other words very soft foods and can only have 2 oz portions. I know I can get the yogurt and eggs in the buffet in the mornings and mashed potatoes in the main dining room but I have to eat every few hrs and was wondering if I could request food made especially for my diet. Any information would be helpful, thanks

Call Carnival - http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs/dietary-needs.aspx

Our experience cruising with a daughter with food allergies has been.....call Carnival, they will flag your dining table and send the assistant maître d to see you at each meal to plan your next day meals. It truly is one of the reasons that we have cruised with Carnival....excellent service.

buffet is not opened 24 hours. closes around 10:30 and opens back or lunch at 11:30 and that closes at 3pm and opens for dinner about 6 which closes again at 9.

use the above number to make your calls

Thanks everyone, called carnival and emailing them my schedule and food list. Was told I could have stuff delivered to my room when I called and will meet matre'd ( sp) once I get on the boat to go over everything. So now I can relax and get ready for my cruise.

The side dishes like Mac and cheese are served in 2 oz dishes, the same ones they use for butter pats in the buffet. You could use these for portion sizing your food. I actually measured them because I couldn't believe the tiny portions in the meals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had RNY surgery a few years ago. First cruise after surgery I was still unable to eat sugar and avoided high starch foods such a potatoes. Hard boiled eggs were a good option. You can grab an extra from the breakfast buffet. They store well for a day at room temperature and the whites are loaded with protein and an ideal serving size for a snack. In the MDR fish was high on my list as well as veggies. I could easily fork mash the food without much attention from others. You will quickly be able to judge portions. I don't mean to get into your business but I would like to suggest you meet with a nutritionist. Best of luck and happy cruising.

Thanks everyone, called carnival and emailing them my schedule and food list. Was told I could have stuff delivered to my room when I called and will meet matre'd ( sp) once I get on the boat to go over everything. So now I can relax and get ready for my cruise.

This is great information to know. Thank you for posting your update.

Happy sailing!!!