Does Disney still give returning cruisers a gift?

ANGELSwithANGLES

there are basic gifts given to returning guests. But also extras depending on when you reach Gold and Platinum. Platinum has in the past (can't speak to now until I cruise in Nov as things always change) also received one free Palo brunch or dinner, choice of specialty food item where we choose the Proscecco, and a ship tour of your choice.

I believe the Captains cocktail party is for gold and platinum. Used to be for silver too but they had to cut back as more people became frequent cruisers.

I do like the bags better than the back packs. They started with bags, moved to backpacks and glad to see back to bags again. (one per cabin) Why in the world they put food like cheese crackers and giant rice crispy treats is beyond me. There is so much food on a cruise, I hate to say I end up throwing those items away most the time.

Wish they would bring back more small note pads and DCL pens, those are items I love and do use. It is just nice to be remembered as a returning cruiser no matter what they do. Can't wait for cruise #15, coming up soon.

Just found this for ya:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2014/05/look-2014-castaway-club-stateroom-gifts/

I see I am still a Silver after 2 7 dayers. Will need a few more cruises to be bumped up to Gold. Being that I live close to Port C, a few more 3 dayers will make it easier...:)

Not too many perks at each level that would draw me to stay exclusive to Disney. Good thing I do not cruise for the perks....

Edited by FireEater

The platinum experience tours were discontinued some time ago.

In September 2014 the perks were the beach bag filled with game stuff and a write on board. Platinum had a choice of a fruit plate or bottle of wine (all other food choices were discontinued, at least for our cruise). The captain's reception is for gold and platinums, and any guest over 18 in your cabin gets one Palo experience.

There is a thread that was on this page that had pictures of the current items - in Alaska people were getting the backpack and in the warm areas a beach bag.

The platinum experience tours were discontinued some time ago.

In September 2014 the perks were the beach bag filled with game stuff and a write on board. Platinum had a choice of a fruit plate or bottle of wine (all other food choices were discontinued' date=' at least for our cruise). The captain's reception is for gold and platinums, and any guest over 18 in your cabin gets one Palo experience.[/quote']

Just got back from the first cruise leaving out of San Juan. We got the slingback backpack. Not sure if it was because the cruise came from Europe or if that is what they are transitioning to all over.

Skipped the Captain's reception because it was the same day as Palo (we only had one full sea day) but also because there were so many Platinum's on board.

Also we had heard that the Palo experience was now only for dinner but they gave it to us for brunch without our asking. We had only booked brunch and were prepared to pay for it.