CB Cabin D732 vs C706

RMM34667

I just noticed that cabin D732 is available for only $20 pp more than what I am paying for C706 on the second 1/2 of my upcoming B2B.

I am seriously considering making that upgrade. But..

Which cabin actually has the bigger balcony? The additional space on D732 actually looks more useable. I do realize it is completely uncovered.

If D732 is actually a better cabin, would moving cabins between B2B be worth it?

D732 is actually available for the 1st leg, but it's $189 pp more, I am not even considering that.

Any advice? Would you make this move?

What a coincidence--I have C706 on the Caribbean Princess next summer! I picked C706 for the partially-covered extended balcony, and because it is halfway between the rear and panoramic elevators. There are also no cabins are across from C706, which may cut down on some of the noise.

There has been a lot of discussion on the below thread about the differences between the balconies the Dolphin deck and the Caribe deck. (see page 8) One comment some have made is that the D deck is more exposed because the Caribe balcony looks right down on it, but as one poster noted, people are interested in looking at the scenery, not the people below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2094420&page=8

If I am reading the deck plan correctly the Dolphin cabin is a mini suite and the Caribe cabin is a premium balcony. In the mini suite you would have a bath tub and a sofa in the room, not to mention more cabin space. For only $20 per person I would go for the mini suite even though it is all the way to the back of the ship. That is, of course, if the fully exposed balcony is not a deal breaker for you.

If I am reading the deck plan correctly the Dolphin cabin is a mini suite and the Caribe cabin is a premium balcony. In the mini suite you would have a bath tub and a sofa in the room, not to mention more cabin space. For only $20 per person I would go for the mini suite even though it is all the way to the back of the ship. That is, of course, if the fully exposed balcony is not a deal breaker for you.

D732 is a non standard mini suite. No tub (which is better because my Mom wouldn't have to step over and into). Not sure I care about it being fully exposed. We are almost already to the back of the ship. Being right by the aft elevators.

I was thrilled and excited with C706 as it is a large balcony and I got it at the regular balcony price. At the time is was the last Caribe deck balcony at that price. Then I lucked out when it was available for my second leg.

Then I saw this and started thinking - bad move on my part.

I would grab the aft one quick! The balcony is big, covered, and you cannot beat the aft view. My favorite cabins!

It's not an aft balcony. It's the last one on the side but does boast an aft view.

If it was $20 pp on the first cruise I know I would jump at it. We are sailing with some other family members and I think this balcony would be great for sail away and pre dinner drinks. Cruise 2 only has one brother joining us (at this point anyway - I can still hope for more company!) Chuck!!

I just wonder if the extra cabin space is worth having to move cabins between sailings. Still on the fence!

Well I do not have to think about this anymore today. The cabin is gone. But I do know sometimes people do their bookings, put it on hold and never complete it. So it might be back on Tuesday.

I actually hope it does get booked. Then I can move forward happily with my C706 BIG 1/2 covered 1/2 uncovered balcony!:cool: