Luggage valet

msumom2001

Sailing on royal princess in October. On a previous royal Carribean cruise we were offered a luggage service at the end of the cruise where we put out our luggage the nite before disembarkation & never saw it til we landed at our home airport ( for only $20 per person)! Also received our Southwest boarding passes! Anyone know if Princess offers this program?

Sailing on royal princess in October. On a previous royal Carribean cruise we were offered a luggage service at the end of the cruise where we put out our luggage the nite before disembarkation & never saw it til we landed at our home airport ( for only $20 per person)! Also received our Southwest boarding passes! Anyone know if Princess offers this program?
Princess offers "Luggage Valet" which means you're essentially shipping your luggage via a shipping service. Cost is a minimum of $90/bag, depending on where you're shipping it to and the weight of the bag.

Princess also offers "EZ Check" for $20/pp which sounds more like what you're talking about. You provide a copy of your e-ticket and Princess checks you in and prints your boarding pass and airline luggage tags. You put your luggage out the night before and you don't see it again until you arrive at your final US destination. It's available only in certain ports. FLL is one of them. New York is not.

Hi Pam, can you please tell me when to set up the Princess E Z Check for $20? Do I arrange this before the cruise begins or while on the cruise? Sounds like a good idea, especially that I can use it flying out of Ft. Lauderdale. By the way, you give GREAT information and advice in cruise critic boards! Thanks!

Hi Pam, can you please tell me when to set up the Princess E Z Check for $20? Do I arrange this before the cruise begins or while on the cruise? Sounds like a good idea, especially that I can use it flying out of Ft. Lauderdale. By the way, you give GREAT information and advice in cruise critic boards! Thanks!

Not Pam; however, I will answer your question.

You will receive a form, during the Cruise; about a week before arriving.

Fill out the form and take it to the PSD. Usually about four days before arrival.

I always take a copy of my flight booking to attach to the form.

You will receive Boarding Pass(es) and Luggage Tags the evening before arrival.

Depending on your Air Line, you may be charged for extra bags, by Princess.

Tip: bring it to the PSD as soon as you can because I believe it's limited. The sooner you apply, the better.

You won't receive your boarding pass and luggage tags until late the afternoon the day before disembarkation. Princess can't contact the airline's until 24 hours before your flight and they are processing a lot of air check-ins.

Just an FYI warning, even if you fill out the EZCheck forms and turn in your flight info on time, Princess may decide not to offer it - at the last minute! It happened to us on a 4-day Ruby @ FLL last December. On the last nite we got the standard colored/numbered luggage tags, when i went down to the PSD to correct this, i was told that if there are not at least 20 passengers who sign up, EZCheck will not be offered.

Not Pam; however, I will answer your question.

You will receive a form, during the Cruise; about a week before arriving.

Fill out the form and take it to the PSD. Usually about four days before arrival.

I always take a copy of my flight booking to attach to the form.

You will receive Boarding Pass(es) and Luggage Tags the evening before arrival.

Depending on your Air Line, you may be charged for extra bags, by Princess.

Will this be offered at the beginning of the cruise? or do you have to ask at passenger service? Does anyone know if EZ Check is offered in Los Angeles?

When & how was already posted and it has been offered on our cruises ending in LA and should be available for you. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just an FYI warning, even if you fill out the EZCheck forms and turn in your flight info on time, Princess may decide not to offer it - at the last minute! It happened to us on a 4-day Ruby @ FLL last December. On the last nite we got the standard colored/numbered luggage tags, when i went down to the PSD to correct this, i was told that if there are not at least 20 passengers who sign up, EZCheck will not be offered.

I had this happen to me one time although they probably were completely honest with me and they said it was because of a "technical" problem. Since then I've read several posts saying the same thing you were told about the 20 passenger minimum.