Grand Mediterranean Cruise Review (Pics)

clarkg

Lovely. We are in Barcelona now, getting ready to embark in the morning. Now, the Vueling stories have me braced for our upcoming flight Venice back to Barcelona. I had read that htey were better than Ryanair. Oh, well, too late to do anything about it now! For us it is just a 90 minute flight.

Enjoy your future adventures.

Dawn

Great review. Going on Spirit in two weeks so this came at a perfect to for us. Thank you so much. Can't wait now!

Great review, it is the best itinerary on a classic ship.

Didn't really need to be reminded how much better cruising is than flying

Glad you survived the flights home.

Thank you so much for sharing your cruise with us. Sounds like a wonderful vacation. Glad you made it home safe and sound and have lots of memories to hold on to
Thank you for your very nice pictures and cruise/travel review :D
Thanks! We'll be on this cruise in May!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you all so much.

Really enjoyed your review Clarkg. We are doing this cruise in May 2015.

One question that you (or someone else for that matter), might be able to answer;

As the ship departs 1.00 a.m., after embarkation, are you then free to leave the ship and spend the day in Venice and return later?

Mugtech is correct. We were asleep before we left but got up to watch the sail away. It was fun seeing Venice at night as we passed by.

Lovely. We are in Barcelona now, getting ready to embark in the morning. Now, the Vueling stories have me braced for our upcoming flight Venice back to Barcelona. I had read that htey were better than Ryanair. Oh, well, too late to do anything about it now! For us it is just a 90 minute flight.

Enjoy your future adventures.

Dawn

Enjoy your cruise.

We are taking the same cruise next year around the same time. Can you tell me what to expect temperature wise? Also, we have an aft cabin. Was there a lot of movement on the ship or was it pretty calm (my friend is stressing thinking we will feel a lot of rocking)?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. We were in New York taking yet another cruise. The temperatures were all in the 80s, except in Venice the second day we were there and that was because of the rain.

It was really a good time to go.

There was no rocking as the seas were perfectly calm the whole cruise. We kept commenting about it. The Captain was even pleasantly surprised.

Edited by clarkg