Looking for a tour for the Tierra del Fuego National Park in Ushuaia

Gary K

Hi, I am looking for a tour for the Tierra del Fuego National Park in Ushuaia. The Princess one is $99 / person for 4 hours, so I'm looking for something that costs less than that, and preferably is even longer.

I was looking at Pira Tours for this, but they pick up tourists at the pier around 7:30 am, while the ship docks at 7 am, so it is very possible that the tour can be missed due to delays.

Edited by Gary King

There is supposedly a great guy named Edgardo who does wonderful tours-I don't think I am allowed to post his email address or website but with some hunting you should find it no problem. A lot of peopel are using him on our Roll Call! Good luck!

There is supposedly a great guy named Edgardo who does wonderful tours-I don't think I am allowed to post his email address or website but with some hunting you should find it no problem. A lot of peopel are using him on our Roll Call! Good luck!

Thanks I'll check him out. If it's a private tour then I'm guessing it might be a bit pricey? But you mention that several people are using him, so that seems to indicate that he's doing group tours.

I'm interested particularly in group tours for the National Park, so that they won't be as pricey, and also so I won't always have the attention of the tour guide, so I can just walk around a bit along with the pack.

Edited by Gary King

Thanks I'll check him out. If it's a private tour then I'm guessing it might be a bit pricey? But you mention that several people are using him, so that seems to indicate that he's doing group tours.

I'm interested particularly in group tours for the National Park, so that they won't be as pricey, and also so I won't always have the attention of the tour guide, so I can just walk around a bit along with the pack.

We are using Edgardo Calaio, google him and you will find the web site. You may want to join your roll call and see if others on your cruise would be interested in joining the tour to make a group. There are several different groups on our roll call touring with him.

Have a great cruise.

We are using Edgardo Calaio, google him and you will find the web site. You may want to join your roll call and see if others on your cruise would be interested in joining the tour to make a group. There are several different groups on our roll call touring with him.

Have a great cruise.

How many group tours can he squeeze in, in one day? About two 4 hour-long ones with groups?

My husband and I have been researching tours. We would be delighted to join a group. Our interest is hiking and seeing the park.

I have found tours but cannot figure out how to make up a group without having to pay for the entire group? Does anyone know how to book multiple people for a group tour where each one pays their own deposit?

Thanks,

Work to Travel

Edgardo has a contact person for the group who keeps track of who is going.

payment is on day of tour, pricing is based on size of groups. Think he has drivers/ guides working for him. There are 3 vans going from our ship.

How many group tours can he squeeze in, in one day? About two 4 hour-long ones with groups?

Gary,

Here is the information I received from Edgardo:

Hi Linda and Barclay, thank you very much for contacting me.

Unfortunatly the chair lift to the Glacier broke down a couple of month ago so we had to change the itineraries. Check please on my website all the options we have: Â Â http://www.tourguideushuaia.net

On the other hand, I attach the rates below.

Let me know if you are interested in please and we would start filling up the second van with you.

It would be very useful if you publish on Cruise Critic Roll calls website to join more people.

Kind regards

Edgar

OPTION 1 ( NATIONAL PARK – 4 HOURS TOUR )

RATES

18-17 PAX ---------------USD 72 per person

16 PAX --------------------USD 75 per person

15 PAX --------------------USD 80 per person

14 PAX --------------------USD 85 per person

13 PAX --------------------USD 90 per person

12 PAX --------------------USD 100 per person

**(National Park Entrance fee is included in the rate)**

OPTION 2 ( NATIONAL PARK + CITY TOUR + MUSEUM FIN MUNDO– 5,5 HOURS TOUR )

RATES

18-17 PAX ---------------USD 115 per person

16 PAX --------------------USD 122 per person

15 PAX --------------------USD 130 per person

14 PAX --------------------USD 140 per person

13 PAX --------------------USD 150 per person

12 PAX --------------------USD 160 per person

**(National Park and Museum entrance fees are included in the rate)**

OPTION 3 (NATIONAL PARK with HIKING – 5,5 HOURS TOUR)

RATES

**(National Park entrance fee is included in the rate)**

I hope this copied. Let me know if you have other thoughts. We were considering the multiple hike options but seem like too much hiking and $. Maybe one of the other.

Work to travel

• 2 weeks later...
Gary,

Here is the information I received from Edgardo:

Hi Linda and Barclay, thank you very much for contacting me.

Unfortunatly the chair lift to the Glacier broke down a couple of month ago so we had to change the itineraries. Check please on my website all the options we have: Â Â http://www.tourguideushuaia.net

On the other hand, I attach the rates below.

Let me know if you are interested in please and we would start filling up the second van with you.

It would be very useful if you publish on Cruise Critic Roll calls website to join more people.

Kind regards

Edgar

OPTION 1 ( NATIONAL PARK – 4 HOURS TOUR )

RATES

18-17 PAX ---------------USD 72 per person

16 PAX --------------------USD 75 per person

15 PAX --------------------USD 80 per person

14 PAX --------------------USD 85 per person

13 PAX --------------------USD 90 per person

12 PAX --------------------USD 100 per person

**(National Park Entrance fee is included in the rate)**

OPTION 2 ( NATIONAL PARK + CITY TOUR + MUSEUM FIN MUNDO– 5,5 HOURS TOUR )

RATES

**(National Park and Museum entrance fees are included in the rate)**

OPTION 3 (NATIONAL PARK with HIKING – 5,5 HOURS TOUR)

RATES

**(National Park entrance fee is included in the rate)**

I hope this copied. Let me know if you have other thoughts. We were considering the multiple hike options but seem like too much hiking and $. Maybe one of the other.

Work to travel

I wanted to update and say we have committed to the Option 1 tour with Edgardo Calaio, edgardocalaio@gmail.com. I put our names on his list for two spots in the van. I told him if there were other they should e-mail him directly. I do hope others might join as that really does keep the cost lower. They look like great tours. Thanks, Work to Travel