San Juan Marriott

monkll

I have never done a day pass, but I have stayed there for a long weekend. This hotel is fine, but I found the service just so-so. I think it has to do more with the general service level in all of SJU. San Juan is a nice stop, but I wouldn't consider a true beach stop. If it were me I would do more of the history sites on the island rather than making a beach day. If you want a relax day then just stay on board.

We're doing this on our Fantasy cruise. It's $60 per adult and $30 per child and includes a $10 resort credit per adult and $5 per child.

We have two little kids (4 and 5) and we always do beach days on cruises so this sounded perfect to us! :)

Never done a day pass, but I did stay here pre-cruise last year. Its a very nice hotel, right on the beach, with a great pool, so if those are the thinks you are looking for you should not be dissapointed by this hotel at all.

I do agree though that San Juan really is not the best choice for a beach day. There are so many other options in SJ, that are not as readily available in other ports. The forts are AWESOME, with spectacular views, and should not be missed. Old San Juan offers so much to do and see. While to me the beach in San Juan are just "ok". Not the same stunning beaches you find in other ports like St. Maarten, Grand Cayman, Barbados, etc.

I think I wrote something in your other thread, but the price listed above is correct. The beach was actually not that bad - you come in from the street side, they had our reservation, gave us tickets for two towels each plus a voucher for the food credit.

By the beach there are guys who will get you an umbrella and pull over chairs where you tell them you want them. Our kids and DD friend body surfed in the large waves and had a great time. Pesky massage guy bothered us at first (not affiliated with hotel from what I could tell) but then left us alone. Guy with icee came by at times but we never got any. Two bars are right up by the pool.

They had attendants/security between the beach and entrance to the pools - they give you a wrist band so the hotel folks know you. Police patrolled the beach on a regular basis. One bar is a swim up bar and you could order food there and then there is another bar with chairs around it. At first they didn't know what to do with the voucher so a supervisor had to come down to approve. Not overly crowded and plenty of seating.

Thanks so much! I think I'm going to book it!

As far as free wi-fi, it is only available in the front lobby despite they did have signal over by the pool. We just used it after being done for the day. There is a CVS and Walgreens down the street if you had any need for that.