Golden is delayed..

A.stew12305

I don't mind being stuck at the dock, as long as I am on a ship. Of course we enjoy the ports and being at sea, but hey as long as we are on the ship, we are golden. ;)

Well, of course I'd rather be on a ship than at work!;) My thing is the open ocean and the water all around, the smell of the sea, the breezes. That is what I look forward to more than the ports. The best point in any cruise is when I realize I can no longer see land in any direction. :)

Was on the ship last year and had the same problem about leaving. Not a big deal but we left in the middle of the night and missed sailing under the GG bridge

Glad we didn't experience such a problem on the Golden in March while sailing from Buenos Aires to LA. ;)

There is the chance they will reverse the cruise with a sea day first that is now done, and go to the closest port first. Then no sea day on the return. We had one of those when the ship arrived late due to weather, they went to the last port first with a sea day and stayed 4 hours longer and then cancelled what was the first port of the original cruise. Strange things can happen when issues delay a departure.

I'm on the Golden right now as well. 4:00am (Pacific) and we are still docked. :( This is our first Princess cruise, celebrating an anniversary. We've had a great time so far, but the delay puts a tiny damper on our enjoyment. At least we are supposed to be at sea today with our next port of call being Santa Barbara, so I know we don't have to sail far.

There is the chance they will reverse the cruise with a sea day first that is now done, and go to the closest port first. Then no sea day on the return. We had one of those when the ship arrived late due to weather, they went to the last port first with a sea day and stayed 4 hours longer and then cancelled what was the first port of the original cruise. Strange things can happen when issues delay a departure.

Based on this post from someone on the ship today & if I'm reading it correctly today was already scheduled as a sea day but that wasn't true on our 4 day on the Sapphire in January sailing to SB.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We are currently on the Grand and saw the Golden in port. I was sure we were suppose to be the only ship at San Pedro today. Was surprised to see it back out and head off as we were having breakfast at 7 am so figured she must have had a problem. Wishing them an uneventful cruise now that their mechanical issues are fixed!

Cathy