Whats the minimum for the Freeport Segway tour?

Nadersmom

We (DH and myself) are booked on Carnival's Segway excursion in Freeport this November. So far it says "8 tickets remain". I've read about them having two different groups when there's a large amount of people and I've also read about excursions being cancelled due to lack of people booking. It's been 8 tickets remaining since I booked months ago. Wondering if we are the only ones booked on it at this point.

Does anyone know the minimum # of people they need to do this excursion? Trying to figure out if 8 tickets remaining are left out of only 10 total or 20 total ect.

While I think it would be awesome to have a small group only of maybe 4 of 6 people, I'm worried that they will cancel the excursion and we have no other plans for Freeport. Everything says that you need to book some type of excursion as the port itself is mostly industrial. I would hate to have to do a last minute scramble to find something to do without knowing anything about it.

Does anyone have any experience with the Segway tour in Freeport and how many people are usually in it? It seems to have great reviews so I would imagine it's a popular excursion.

Thanks in advance!

OK, we did this Segway tour from Carnival in February and we loved it.

We had that large group, where they split the time between the two groups. Half do the Segway while the other half relax on the beach. After about 1 1/2 hours, we returned and the next group Segwayed and we relaxed on the beach. They take you there on a bus, both groups together. There was no way we knew who was going first, they just selected the first 10 or so people and said, your group 1. I'm not exactly sure how many were in each group, but they will limit it, as they only have about 10-12 Segway's.

The tour was absolutely great. They give you about 5-10 minutes of instruction and time to familiarize yourself with the Segway on a dirt track. after that they take you along roads, on the beaches and off road , stopping along the way several times. Since it was our first time on a Segway, we loved it and wished we could have spent another hour on it.

As for number of people, that is hard to say. When we booked, it was already sold out but one couple canceled and we were able to take their spot. From what I heard, it is usually sold out. You would have to check with Carnival to find out if it would be cancelled for lack of people. I really cannot see that happening. it is one of the more popular excursions.

Here we are, in full gear

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/bahamas/IMG_5588_zps9ca19bd3.jpg

Cheers

Len