Looking for the Summit BLU menus

navilady2001

We are probably in the minority, but we were not very impressed with Blu on our Summit cruise. This was the first time we booked an Aqua class stateroom & we were looking forward to dining in Blu after reading all the positive reviews. We found the dinner menu very limited & the breakfast menu was nothing special. We only had breakfast there once and ate the remainder of our breakfasts at the buffet. We also had several dinners in the buffet when there was nothing on the Blu menu that appealed to us.

Dining in blu is as much about the atmosphere as it is about the food. I believe the dining room has one more main dish on their menu each night so perhaps more choices. In our experience, the descriptions of the items on the blu menu tend to be more accurate than those in the MDR...that is, you are served what the words led you to expect.

As far as breakfast, there are always more choices in a buffet...but then you have to find a seat, you have to try to get everything to your table together (how many hands do you have) etc. Do I want warm coffee and hot eggs or vice versa, etc.

Different strokes for different folks.

That is a great link that shows the Blu and MDR menus side by side.

Do you realize how much larger the MDR is than Blu? And they have exactly ONE more entrée per night, and a similar number of appetizers/salads, etc.? I cannot understand how someone can say Blu is "limited" - you have a choice of 5 entrees, plus the "anytime" ones (steak, salmon, chicken), every single night. You can say it's not to your taste, but it is certainly not "limited".

It was very much to our taste and we'll be in Blu as long as we continue to sail with X.

That is a great link that shows the Blu and MDR menus side by side.

Do you realize how much larger the MDR is than Blu? And they have exactly ONE more entrée per night, and a similar number of appetizers/salads, etc.? I cannot understand how someone can say Blu is "limited" - you have a choice of 5 entrees, plus the "anytime" ones (steak, salmon, chicken), every single night. You can say it's not to your taste, but it is certainly not "limited".

It was very much to our taste and we'll be in Blu as long as we continue to sail with X.

The 5 entrees in Blu include one salad entree, so there are actually only 4 main entrees compared to 6 in the MDR. I just didn't think the choice of entrees in Blu was to our liking. It is just my personal opinion.

On our recent Summit cruise (Sept 7-21), the salad entrée was listed separately. So thanks for reminding me - Blu did have 6 choices.

I got the salad entrée once (the last night, I was sick of eating after 14 days) and it was wonderful - skewers of shrimp, scallops, salmon over greens with a sweet citrus dressing. Delicious.

I understand many will not like the food in Blu. We weren't sure, either, so gave it a try. Many will not go back, many will love that they found this new alternative.

Wait...just looked at the menus you posted again - they also show the salad entrée listed separately. Perhaps you are not counting the vegetarian entrée? Not sure why you wouldn't, I had that once or twice, too, and it was always delicious.

Edited by warmwinds

On our recent Summit cruise (Sept 7-21), the salad entrée was listed separately. So thanks for reminding me - Blu did have 6 choices.

Wait...just looked at the menus you posted again - they also show the salad entrée listed separately. Perhaps you are not counting the vegetarian entrée? Not sure why you wouldn't, I had that once or twice, too, and it was always delicious.

You are absolutely right. I didn't count the vegetarian entree because when I read the item as "Daily Vegetable" I was assuming that it was the vegetable that was being served rather than an entree, so there were a total of 6 entree choices in Blu.

You are absolutely right. I didn't count the vegetarian entree because when I read the item as "Daily Vegetable" I was assuming that it was the vegetable that was being served rather than an entree, so there were a total of 6 entree choices in Blu.

Actually, Blu has one more choice that isn't being counted. We occasionally ask for the "meat/fish" on the salad to be served as a main dish with some vegetables...no problem...

Yes, the "Daily Vegetable" was more of a main course. What I found interesting, was that Blu, being supposedly the leaner, more healthy alternative, was very light on the vegetables it served on the plates of the entrees. We were told we could ask for broccoli, asparagus, carrots, green beans, etc., every time if we wanted - and we often did. Funny since you got asparagus every morning with your eggs!