Cunard Shore Excursions

travelplus

I would like to know how Cunard differs from other cruiselines with regards to their shore excursions.

I booked the following excursions for my upcoming voyage.

Best of Tunis

Introduction To Florence

Pompeii On your Own

Nice and Cannes.

For instance the Introduction to Florence is 9.5 hours and we would arrive around 6:00PM our dining time in the Britannia Dining room. Is it fine if we are late to dinner since we would need to change and then go to dinner.

Also in Tunis we have lunch included so I'm assuming the lunch is at a good restaurant and includes wine.

Are the Cunard tour buses for 40 passengers? How is the "On Your Own" excursions. Will we be given a map with the specific location where to meet the bus after the tour for instance in Pompeii.

In Florence we are given 3 hours after the guided tour so I plan to have lunch and then walk around the city some more. I think I will take the "On your own time" at a leisurely pace depending on the weather.

Your opinions with regards to the tours is most appreciative since on the website the information is very bare.

It seems like we get better value with Cunard that other lines such as Royal Caribbean. On Royal they had multi-lingual tours but Cunard has it all in English which is what I prefer while experiencing the local cultures.

In Tunisia there has been civil unrest so I'm assuming there will be a security guard in addition to the tour guide.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Thanks.

I have not been on those particular excursions but here are some of my experiences on Cunard excursions.

The size of the buses vary. I was on some tours with as few as 25 people or as many as 45 (maybe a couple more).

I was on a few tours where lunch was included. The food was good and drinks (not always wine) were included.

I did one "on your own" tour. We did not get a map of where the bus would pick us up but were given instructions on how to get there.

I would plan on eating at the buffet or one of the specialty restaurants the night of your all day tour. Even if you return at 6:00 it might be 6:30 or later before you have showered and changed for dinner.

Enjoy your cruise!