Miracle Dry Dock...

goduckies05

Just off the Miracle on Saturday from the 16 day Hawaii cruise from Vancouver to Long Beach. Great cruise. They are going into dry dock to repair a propulsion issue. The ship has had to go slower the last several months due to this issue. We had to miss a full day in Maui. The burgers on Lido did not have any flavor. Guys Burgers are great.

Does that mean I will be losing a day on my 15 day cruise in January?

The 16 day cruise to Hawaii, just returned, was originally scheduled for two days in Maui and it was reduced to one day back in April. The medical emergency only slowed the ship down by maybe 30 minutes but it was a surprise when we stopped in the ocean 250 miles from Hawaii. Stopped! at 6:00 a.m. to let a Coast Guard plane make a quick medical supply drop.

Your schedule should remain the same or they would have adjusted it by now. By the way, menus were different every night but I believe we had prime rib 3 times. It was a fun cruise and the Miracle Band is amazing as well as the dancers/singers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It's going into dry dock for the simple reason that she's been having MAJOR mechanical issues that have been well documented on here and other places. These issues have been ongoing for a year and a half now... The "upgrades" are probably being added as an afterthought since she's gonna be "parked" for so long. It's time. Our December cruise to Hawaii left a lot to be desired...

The last time the Miracle was in dry dock it was January 2012.

It had many upgrades then. I am surprised that the Miracle is going to be in dry dock so soon after the last one.

Guys burgers would be nice.

Edited by Chathamite

It's going into dry dock for the simple reason she's been having MAJOR mechanical issues that have been well documented on here and other places. These issues have been ongoing for a year and a half now... The "upgrades" are probably being added as an afterthought since she's gonna be "parked" for so long. It's time. Our December cruise to Hawaii left a lot to be desired...

I was on the Hawaii cruise in January and we made all our ports a head of schedule. But we had really good weather.