Advice need: Staying on the Queen Mary Los Angelse

Queen Louise

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, when I sailed on the QM in 1955, I sure didn't notice any thin walls (thank goodness LOL). I had a huge room, about three times the size of most current cruise ship cabins. Great food and of course pretty dressy compared with ships now.

Nothing will disappoint me because nothing can take away her heritage. I could not be in LA and pass by the opportunity to visit. It would be like passing an old friends home and not visiting. I travel transatlantic regularly on the QM2 so it seems I am destined to visit the Queen Mary.

PS What was your cabin number? Perhaps I could book this cabin (only kidding:rolleyes:)

Will you like the Queen Mary? Hard to say.

You do have to appreciate all things 1930's, including thin walls. Many on CC do not like the QM because she is all things 1930's.

We stayed a night on the QM many years ago with our two DDs. I vividly remember the wood paneling and the bowing of her hallways.

Passport Bus info.

The stop at the QM is in the parking lot, under the trees. There is almost always a bus there, as it's the rest stop for the drivers.

http://www.lbtransit.com/Services/Passport.aspx

Along the route are many restaurants, The Pike shopping mall, Walmart and the Aquarium of the Pacific.

If you have time I highly recommend the Aquarium.

www.aquariumofpacific.org

Also look on the Carnival, West Coast Departure, Roll Call and the Ports of Call boards for more info.

(I'd like to thank you for your screen name. Years ago there was a floating restaurant by the name of Princess Louise in San Pedro. Many fond memories of that place.)

Yes I will take your suggestion about the roll call. Thank you for all the addition information.

I feel I just have to stay on board Queem Mary. It would be wrong to stay anywhere else especially when I need accomodation for two nights whilst in LA. It is of no consequence to me if it is not to my taste. I am not expecting her to be as in the days of her youth when she was bedecked by jeweled ladies, attentive gentlemen and bell boys of 12 years old. I would prefer to see it in the original 1930 state albeit shabby and hopefully still a little chic rather than 2014 Hilton hotel look.

I do understand what you mean and I suppose the happy compromise would be if we could put the clock back and be on board (unless you work in the boiler room and have to shovel coal all day:mad:)

Thank you for all the information and suggestion. Enjoy your next trip

Carnival does not have ballroom-type dance classes. There will be some sort of dance class put on by the show staff.

Hopefully it will be raining. We desperately need the rain.

Sadie, when you say 'hopefully it will rain' I do hope you were not refering to when I arrive for this trip. I will ask for a refund if that happens:mad:

As long as the daily program read 'Dance Class' I will be happy. I do prefer Ballroon dancing but I will be content with whatever.

Hope it rains soon on you

Sadie, when you say 'hopefully it will rain' I do hope you were not refering to when I arrive for this trip. I will ask for a refund if that happens:mad:

As long as the daily program read 'Dance Class' I will be happy. I do prefer Ballroon dancing but I will be content with whatever.

Hope it rains soon on you

Right now in Los Angeles and all of California we will take any moisture we can get at any time.

Usually the rainy season starts in February.

We spent the night on the Queen Mary before our repositioning cruise on Legend last month. It was wonderful! The heritage and beauty of the ship is wonderful to experience. In the morning, the QM porter took our luggage to the ship, so it was very easy for us.

Right now in Los Angeles and all of California we will take any moisture we can get at any time.

Usually the rainy season starts in February.

The rainy season can start as early as November. I do remember a few Decembers when it seemed to rain every day. When I returned to LA for winter break from grad school in the Midwest, it started raining about the day after I came back (which I remember would be December 23rd), didn't stop until December 31 in time for the Rose Bowl parade/game the next day (which calls to mind the old saying that God is a member of the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce), starting raining on the second, and continued almost nonstop to the day before the Super Bowl which was held in Pasadena. My poor parents had just moved to this condo building, and there was a leak by the fireplace, and their rug got soaked.

Anyway, right now we're in the middle of a major drought. We are supposed to water our lawns three days a week based on whether one's address is an even or odd -- or else risk getting fined. And where I live, it's been over 90 degrees (and even in three digits) for several days in a row (the other day the high was only 89). So yea, we want it to rain a lot in the upcoming months. We need it to rain.