How many/where are the electrical outlets on Ruby (inside)?

abisha

I'm just wondering how many outlets there are on the Ruby (inside) stateroom? And where they are located? I'll need to charge my camera, phone, etc. My sister also will be bringing her CPAP, so we're just wondering if there's an outlet by the nightstand/bed or does she need to bring an extension cord and plug it in by the desk (if the desk has one there)?

thanks

In our Suite there was one on the dressing table and one on one side or the other of the headboard and one on the main desk at the door. Take an extension cord/outlet strip (maybe 2). The outlet in the bathroom will run a 15 watt razor or night light only.

I'm just wondering how many outlets there are on the Ruby (inside) stateroom? And where they are located? I'll need to charge my camera, phone, etc. My sister also will be bringing her CPAP, so we're just wondering if there's an outlet by the nightstand/bed or does she need to bring an extension cord and plug it in by the desk (if the desk has one there)?

thanks

I have stayed in insides and they have no outlets by the nightstands. They have, I believe 3 outlets on the desk. They also have a razor outlet in the bathroom that is current limited.

We have been able to charge cameras, and phones with no problem. The CPAP will most likely need an extension cord.

I have stayed in insides and they have no outlets by the nightstands. They have, I believe 3 outlets on the desk. They also have a razor outlet in the bathroom that is current limited.

We have been able to charge cameras, and phones with no problem. The CPAP will most likely need an extension cord.

Thanks..that's what I figured. I've never cruised Princess, but on other lines and it seems it's the same. I usually bring my Belken strip when I cruise which allows 3 plugs and two USBs on it and wasn't sure to bring it, but looks like I will need it for the two of us and our electronics. I may bringmy e-reader. My sister always packs her extension cord with her CPAP anyhow (it's kept in the bag with the device) but thought I'd check on outlet locations anyways.

After getting tired of stringing extension cord for the CPAP, we bought a travel CPAP that runs on a lithium battery. SO much smaller and lighter. It is VERY easy to use when we travel and can be used on our overnight international flights. :D It just gets plugged in to recharge during the day when we're out of the cabin anyway.

After getting tired of stringing extension cord for the CPAP, we bought a travel CPAP that runs on a lithium battery. SO much smaller and lighter. It is VERY easy to use when we travel and can be used on our overnight international flights. :D It just gets plugged in to recharge during the day when we're out of the cabin anyway.

I have three 6ft extension cords for my CPAP, so I use one, two or all three depending on how far away the outlet is. Often there is a socket at floor level by the bed - the bedside lights plug in to it - so I pop my CPAP in there.

That lithium CPAP sounds great - have you a link to it?

My sister also will be bringing her CPAP, so we're just wondering if there's an outlet by the nightstand/bed or does she need to bring an extension cord and plug it in by the desk (if the desk has one there)?

thanks

Tell your sister to ALWAYS bring an extension cord, extra mask cushion and duct tape whenever she travels.

And don't forget the power cord...;) I got a call at least once a month from someone who was traveling and forgot or broke something.

Also, distilled water is not necessary on the ship. If you really want it you can order it in the Personalized or ask your steward. But for a short trip, tap water is fine. Distilled is used to prevent mineral build-up. If she gets any, a good soak with a 1:1 vinegar/water solution will fix it.

I have three 6ft extension cords for my CPAP, so I use one, two or all three depending on how far away the outlet is. Often there is a socket at floor level by the bed - the bedside lights plug in to it - so I pop my CPAP in there.

That lithium CPAP sounds great - have you a link to it?

There are several travel CPAPs from which to choose. We went with the Z1 Travel CPAP as it only weighs 10 oz. and would fit in a (charger) case with the battery. That seemed better to use on planes than two separate things attached by cords. The optional lithium battery is what adds weight, but still it is much, MUCH smaller and lighter than the home CPAP. If outlets and cords aren't a problem, I'd take the travel CPAP (without the battery) due to weight and size (about the size of a can of soda).

When flying with the home CPAP, that always had to come out of the case for TSA. The Z1 has stayed in our carry on bag going through security without any problems.

It isn't inexpensive getting an extra CPAP (and battery) just for travel, but we're glad we did so. There have been times when we've had a balcony cabin and the outlet has been on the other side from the bed. I've always been concerned when the extension cord has to go in front of the door to the balcony. Now that isn't a worry.

In inside cabins, there is one outlet (2 plugs and a light switch) on the dressing table. You'd need to get a multi-plug adapter that swivels because of the orientation of the outlet and location of the light switch. There is another outlet behind the TV that has 1 plug available for use by the passenger. And there is an electric razor outlet in the bathroom but it it is indeed current limited and I have never been able to use a multi-plug adapter with it. I have, however, been able to plug in an electric toothbrush charger.

Edited by tothemall&beyond

I have not been on the Ruby but on every other Princess ship I have been on there has been a hidden European plug behind one of the bedside tables. One lamp is plugged into this plug and one lamp is hard wired into the electricity on the other bedside table. We unplug the lamp, add the plug adapter and then plug any dual voltage appliance we desire. This works great for DH's cpap.

We are planning on going on the Regal in December and have been doing a lot reading on c-pap travel. What is a European plug and where do you find an adapter and also what is a dual voltage appliance? Thanks in advance of the answer.

We are planning on going on the Regal in December and have been doing a lot reading on c-pap travel. What is a European plug and where do you find an adapter and also what is a dual voltage appliance? Thanks in advance of the answer.

Most modern CPAPs are "dual" voltage...they will automatically switch to 110 or 220 as needed.

I am not positive (haven't been on a European cruise) but I think the outlets on the ship are 110. If you stay in a hotel in Europe, you will need an adapter. You can buy them on Amazon & most "big box" stores. Look for a kit with a variety of choices, then you are ready for any country.

To know for sure if your appliance is dual voltage you need to read the information on the side or bottom of the item. For example, my nook and my laptop computer are both rated as dual voltage. Different countries have different types of plugs. I got a set of plugs from Magellans travel company. I am sure there are others. Mine go into the wall plug and then the standard american plug goes into the adapter and we are ready to go. I have however ruined a table fan because it was not dual voltage and even with a converter plus adapter it did not work in Europe.