Daylight savings time

2beachlovers

Will the ships "fall back" when daylight savings time ends on Nov. 2?

We will be on the Magic, sailing Nov. 2. I assume they will change time, but I thought I would check with the forum to see if anyone knows for sure.

The time will affect my excursion plans for Grand Cayman.

Thanks!

Will the ships "fall back" when daylight savings time ends on Nov. 2?

We will be on the Magic, sailing Nov. 2. I assume they will change time, but I thought I would check with the forum to see if anyone knows for sure.

The time will affect my excursion plans for Grand Cayman.

Thanks!

The ship's time will be whatever the time is from the Port City where you board. Last November when we sailed the time "fell back" the night before we left so I felt like I had to wait an extra hour to get on that shuttle. I thought my husband was going to have to sedate me.......:D

Grand Cayman may or may not be on the same time.......be sure to check and don't use your cellphone as your watch in case the times are different!!

I have been on one "fall-back" cruise, and we did change the time overnight Saturday night (our 1st night) to match our home port's, Port Canaveral, time. What was odd about changing it then was that it did put us equal with Nassau, but we were now 1 hour behind St Thomas & St Maarten. If we waited to change times, we would've been equal to those 2 ports. But they wanted to keep us equal to our home port the whole time.

It could work the same for you (and I would guess that it does), but there really is no telling when your ship will decide to make the change. It could be different for you.