Harley RCI Cruise ????

I am an avid Harley rider and considering trying the Harley cruises with Royal Caribbean. I am wondering if anyone who has done one can answer a couple of questions?

1) How does the embarking and disembarking work? I understand that nobody touches the bike except for the owner? Do we board in a separate area and time?

2) What are the cargo areas that the bikes are stored in equipped with to hold the bikes rigidly in place? Any reports of 'mishaps'?

3) Who leads the tours in the ports? Locals or employees of the company that books these cruises?

Think that's it for now,

Thanks, HG

Sorry HG, I can't help you with your questions except to offer the following: Harley cruisers have enjoyed themselves immensely on RCI Harley Cruises.

My understanding is there is room for approx. 35 bikes on Voyager class ships. They are stored in the hold and I have heard they ARE secure and the crew gets a kick out of seeing them. I know on past cruises to the Eastern Caribbean priority debarkation is arranged for the riders and you ride right off the pier. The local police will hold traffic to get you off the pier and on your way. Local riders are usually involved to help guide you and show you some sights:D . There is a Harley Cruise website, can't remember it...Google Harley Cruise, should take you to the site. If you go, have a blast...most do.:)

I am booked for May 20th on the Navigator. I found out a few weeks ago it is a Harley cruise (I'm not a rider, but I enjoy oogle-ing over them!:) ). There is one particular website with great info on the organization of the trip. I don't want to post it bc I'm not sure if that's allowed on here. (I'm still a board newbie and I don't want to break any rules!!) Just Google "Harley Cruises" and it's one of the first links that comes up.

I figure that if I'm going to be cruising with them, I might as well read up on how the group works. Sounds like a ton of fun and if I was ever to get a bike...I would want to stretch it out in fashion riding around San Juan or something!:cool:

I WAS ON THE APRIL 17TH HARLEY CRUISE.

EASY ON AND OFF WITH OUT OWN GANGWAY. BIKES ARE IN HOLDING AREAS OFF LIMITS TO PASSENGERS AND THEY AREAS ARE MONITIORED.

BIKES HELD IN PLACE WITH GRABS THAT LOOK LIKE CHOCKS WITH OUTRIGGERS.

RIDES ARE LED BY LOCAL POICE IN SAN JUAN. LOCAL RIDERS AND GROUPS IN ST.THOMAS AND ST.MARTEEN. THEY DO A GREAT JOB OF BLOCKING TRAFFIC FOR US.

NO REPORTS OF ANY BIKES BEING DAMAGED ON OUR CRUISE

ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT MSG6567@AOL.COM

WE HAD A LOT OF FUN AND SOME NICE RIDES. GREAT SCENERY.

WE ARE BOOKED AGAIN FOR NEXT MARCH AND WILL BE BOOKING MARCH 07 SOON.

Archived