GTY rooms

abitcloudy

Just wondering what to expect for guarantee rooms? This is my 2nd time on NCL and 1st time ever booking a GTY (inside). I know the room could be assigned at anytime and could be anything. How does it work for upgrading? Can this be done after paid in full date but before sailing? What are your steps when you have done a GTY especially near sailing? I will be on the Sun and sailing March 2015. TIA!

We have always just taken what was given to us. Most times it was fine. Remember though you need to be sure you will be happy in the worst cabin in the category you are choosing because if you aren't that is the cabin you will be assigned.

I've booked at least 5 GTY cabins (4 balconies) and I just got assigned my GTY inside for a sailing later this month on the NCL Spirit. I booked the lowest category last April (IX) for $709 pp and paid in full August 9. Two Fridays ago, I checked the prices and the IX dropped to $549 but because I paid in full, there was no refund; but the category above (IF) was lower ($599) than what we originally paid for our IX so our TA rebooked us and THEN we were able to get the difference and we also received credit on the Traveler's Insurance because our cruise priced dropped.

Our cabin number was finally assigned two weeks ago, a few days after we upgraded it to IF. We were given an IC category on deck 11. So far, we have received "upgrades" on all our GTY bookings. We usually book lowest and cheapest.

After you've booked, keep checking the prices in case it drops then your TA may be able to help you with options.

Thanking God,

Ana