Pearl Alaska Photo Review 9/21-9/28/14

alrichards4003

• 3 weeks later...
Terrific review. We are booked on the Pearl in September 2015, your review is very helpful!

Which "share" option do you use from Flickr to post your images? I get all kinds of extra junk text (or a complete fail!) when I do it.

Thanks. On Flickr I use the grab html/bb link.

• 1 month later...
We enjoyed the amazing salad bar, then our waitress brought our plates for the meats.

There was a group of 8-10 officers and that is where the gauchos served. There were two to three at the officers table and none in the rest of the restaurant.

Our waitress brought the sides, which we ate, then brought us more fried bananas and still no meat.

After about 15 minutes one gaucho circulated around the rest of the restaurant. During this time the others were all at the officers table. Once the officers finished then we were served.

Obviously we did not starve, but it was aggravating to not be served while only the officers were. Our waitress was great and kept coming around to see if she could do anything, we wanted to say something to a manager, but never saw one. However, it was another great meal and Moderno is a unique experience to have on a cruise ship.

__________________ BE SURE to say something if this happens in ANY of the restaurants. There should be a Maitre'D. If not, fill out a comment card in the lobby for the Hotel Director and you WILL get a reply. They need to know if things like this happen. That would not make me happy... especially in a restaurant with the cover charge. If anything is wrong and there is no officer nearby, always fill out the comment card and the Hotel Director will contact that department so it doesn't happen to someone else. He is in charge of everything, and you will always get a personal reply and apology.:)

__________________ BE SURE to say something if this happens in ANY of the restaurants. There should be a Maitre'D. If not, fill out a comment card in the lobby for the Hotel Director and you WILL get a reply. They need to know if things like this happen. That would not make me happy... especially in a restaurant with the cover charge. If anything is wrong and there is no officer nearby, always fill out the comment card and the Hotel Director will contact that department so it doesn't happen to someone else. He is in charge of everything, and you will always get a personal reply and apology.:)

Thanks. We don't like to complain but went to guest services the next day. They took our information and the Maitre"D called us and apologized. We told him we did not want anything, we just wanted to be treated as guests that they valued. He offered a bottle of wine, but we said that wasn't what we were looking for. His apology helped and we felt the situation was resolved.

Thanks so much for this. We are scheduled on this cruise during this same week 2015. Any advice on warm clothes to take?

We signed up for the thermal suite, but if you are not going to do that a swimsuit is not necessary. I recommend dressing in layers, a shirt, sweaters and a jacket, a scarf and gloves. We wore jeans and had a pair of black pants for the ship. I only packed one suitcase, the woman at the port commented on how light it was. DH of course brought the maximum, he brought the thermal underwear etc. I did not believe it was necessary.

I hope you have a great time.

• 3 months later...

Thank You for the great pictures and review. I am so excited about our trip coming up. I see you said you put orders in for drinks during the Glacier Bay sailing. Do they do this for all the rooms? Is it like room service?

Thank You for the great pictures and review. I am so excited about our trip coming up. I see you said you put orders in for drinks during the Glacier Bay sailing. Do they do this for all the rooms? Is it like room service?

Thanks. Yes they have slips around the ship describing the drinks, you put your name roo number and time to be delivered and they bring it to you, so yes it is for all rooms.

If you can afford it I highly recommend a Balcony for Glacier Bay, you can view from the open decks but are having to jostle with others for space, besides it is more windy. We started on the open decks, because it was recommended, but when we went to the room we enjoyed it more.

Thanks. Yes they have slips around the ship describing the drinks, you put your name roo number and time to be delivered and they bring it to you, so yes it is for all rooms.

If you can afford it I highly recommend a Balcony for Glacier Bay, you can view from the open decks but are having to jostle with others for space, besides it is more windy. We started on the open decks, because it was recommended, but when we went to the room we enjoyed it more.

Thank You!!! This sounds amazing.

Just another thank you for taking the time to share in such a detailed manner. For those of us anxiously anticipating the very same cruise, and cabin type, in just over 4 weeks, it is invaluable! (and helps to keep from going crazy from excitement)

You look like my type of cruiser! I plan to hit most of the spots you did, and enjoy similar activities...the attention and time with my DH, the beautiful scenery of Alaska, our balcony, and plenty of good food and drinks!

Just another thank you for taking the time to share in such a detailed manner. For those of us anxiously anticipating the very same cruise, and cabin type, in just over 4 weeks, it is invaluable! (and helps to keep from going crazy from excitement)

You look like my type of cruiser! I plan to hit most of the spots you did, and enjoy similar activities...the attention and time with my DH, the beautiful scenery of Alaska, our balcony, and plenty of good food and drinks!

Thanks. I know how much I enjoyed reading the reviews and seeing the pictures, so I am glad someone liked reading mine. Have a great time.

Hi, I was wondering if you could answer my question regarding if there is an extra charge for using the bowling alley on the Pearl? Or is it "free"?

I think it was $7 a game, a few years ago on Epic it was $5. Sometimes they have 2 for 1 specials. Not free but definitely less than Bingo or even a drink.