Places to Eat on Eclipse

milly5959

I have been looking at the various Eateries on the Eclipse (we are going in Eclipse next month on a Transatlantic)

Am I right in thinking that only the Main dining Room doesn't cost us extra, but everywhere else does? I've looked at Bistro on Five, Lawn Club, Pool Mast Grill and Ocean View Café on the Celebrity Web-site and they all say extra charge??

Can anyone help?

Feel a bit ripped off if this is so :-(

Edited by milly5959

Hello,

You also have the AquaSpa Cafe (mostly no-charge, although there are some extra charge items)…and pastries at Cafe al Bacio are no cost, coffees and teas extra; There is no Lawn Club Grill on the Eclipse; and don't forget Room Service too (although, again, there are some extra charge items).

You won't go hungry !! We spent 14 nights on that wonderful ship, only ate at an extra-cost restaurant one night; and enjoyed many wonderful meals, snacks, desserts, ice cream etc !

BBL

Edited by BourbonNBluesLuvr

Don't feel ripped off! As others have said you must have unfortunately mis-read the information. Of course the MDR & Oceanview are gratis as are a couple of other eateries. The food in all venues is wonderful.

We sailed on the Eclipse summer 2013 and also did the speciality restaurant package. Admittedly not cheap but the food and service in both the Tuscan Grille and Murano was exceptional. Qsine is quirky and well worth a visit but only if you go with a group...otherwise you can't order enough of the dishes to get a taste of everything

Just relax and enjoy! :D

You're going to have a wonderful time! No worries on the food. I've been on Eclipse a couple times and we're doing the TA on the sister ship Equinox, and that's our fourth time on her. The only difference besides some decor/color changes is Eclipse has Qsine and Equinox has Silk Harvest.

Oceanview (the buffet) is wonderfully laid out in stations so there isn't one long cafeteria-style line. You can pop in and out from station to station as they are round and there is really no line. Wonderful the way it's set up. Except for the wee hours in the morning there is always something there.

I do recommend enhancing your cruise experience (golly I sound like an ad, don't I? Sorry) by trying the specialty restaurants too. Although Murano is the most elegant of them, and is excellent, we actually prefer the Italian steak venue Tuscan Grill, and usually eat there two or three times per cruise. Well worth it to us, and they have the best setting for a restaurant on the entire ship. Qsine is fun and is comprised of an international selection of creatively displayed small plate offerings. As was said, it's definitely a place to share, so if you want to go, arrange a group meal from your ship's roll call. It's how we did it the first time we went and it was so much fun. Certainly you can go as a couple, we've done that, but you have to ask them to just bring HALF of one person's share so that you can enjoy a larger variety of food. They'll want to bring full servings to each of you but they *can* be coerced!

And....our tradition is to head straight to Bistro on Five (only $7 up charge) upon embarkation. The buffet is a little crazy that first noon, as can be expected, as people learn about it, and of course a bit more crowded with everyone dragging around their luggage as they wait for the rooms to open up. Having a sit down meal in a relaxed atmosphere is definitely *our* preferred way to begin the cruise. The service is a tad slow which is great -- we can sit with our luggage nearby and enjoy the ambiance and a nice meal.

If you are in Aqua Class your dining venue for dinner is Blu and if you're in a suite your dining venue is the main dining room but you can also eat in Blu. We have enjoyed Blu many times and for breakfast it's our favorite place on the ship. Also free to those classes of rooms, but unfortunately unavailable to other pax.

Have a wonderful cruise. If this is your first transatlantic, enjoy!! All those 25 hour sea days are fabulous!!

Don't feel ripped off! As others have said you must have unfortunately mis-read the information. Of course the MDR & Oceanview are gratis as are a couple of other eateries. The food in all venues is wonderful.

We sailed on the Eclipse summer 2013 and also did the speciality restaurant package. Admittedly not cheap but the food and service in both the Tuscan Grille and Murano was exceptional. Qsine is quirky and well worth a visit but only if you go with a group...otherwise you can't order enough of the dishes to get a taste of everything

Just relax and enjoy! :D

Thanks Paul, I will its our first cruise :eek:

You're going to have a wonderful time! No worries on the food. I've been on Eclipse a couple times and we're doing the TA on the sister ship Equinox, and that's our fourth time on her. The only difference besides some decor/color changes is Eclipse has Qsine and Equinox has Silk Harvest.

Oceanview (the buffet) is wonderfully laid out in stations so there isn't one long cafeteria-style line. You can pop in and out from station to station as they are round and there is really no line. Wonderful the way it's set up. Except for the wee hours in the morning there is always something there.

I do recommend enhancing your cruise experience (golly I sound like an ad, don't I? Sorry) by trying the specialty restaurants too. Although Murano is the most elegant of them, and is excellent, we actually prefer the Italian steak venue Tuscan Grill, and usually eat there two or three times per cruise. Well worth it to us, and they have the best setting for a restaurant on the entire ship. Qsine is fun and is comprised of an international selection of creatively displayed small plate offerings. As was said, it's definitely a place to share, so if you want to go, arrange a group meal from your ship's roll call. It's how we did it the first time we went and it was so much fun. Certainly you can go as a couple, we've done that, but you have to ask them to just bring HALF of one person's share so that you can enjoy a larger variety of food. They'll want to bring full servings to each of you but they *can* be coerced!

And....our tradition is to head straight to Bistro on Five (only $7 up charge) upon embarkation. The buffet is a little crazy that first noon, as can be expected, as people learn about it, and of course a bit more crowded with everyone dragging around their luggage as they wait for the rooms to open up. Having a sit down meal in a relaxed atmosphere is definitely *our* preferred way to begin the cruise. The service is a tad slow which is great -- we can sit with our luggage nearby and enjoy the ambiance and a nice meal.

If you are in Aqua Class your dining venue for dinner is Blu and if you're in a suite your dining venue is the main dining room but you can also eat in Blu. We have enjoyed Blu many times and for breakfast it's our favorite place on the ship. Also free to those classes of rooms, but unfortunately unavailable to other pax.

Have a wonderful cruise. If this is your first transatlantic, enjoy!! All those 25 hour sea days are fabulous!!

Oh thanks for this message, Is it best to book Speciality as a package or on ship as and when we fancy it?

Oh thanks for this message, Is it best to book Speciality as a package or on ship as and when we fancy it?

It depends. Sometimes you can get a "deal" by waiting till you're on board because if the speciality restaurants aren't selling well (it varies from cruise to cruise) they will want to get bums on seats.

When I booked ours I did it beforehand and got a discount anyway.

If this is your first cruise the one thing you'll learn from these forums is that there are a lot of very knowledgeable people out there who are happy and willing to share their knowledge and experience.......but there are also others, whose opinions you take with a pinch of salt. Fortunately there are far more of the former and some of our America cousins are the real experts, and have a wealth of cruise experience.