Verizon Rewards actual cruise

crusing48/51

I did a mock booking and it allowed me to pay just the deposit. It even offers the 50% reduced deposit offered through Carnival right now. The final payment is due sooner than through Carnival though.

Nice, I see the same thing and it's a little cheaper than through my PVP but not enough to eat a change fee. It does say that it's not refundable though.

• 5 months later...

can anyone answer the question if you book your cruise THROUGH Verizon there is a substantial savings. In our case 585$. Does anyone know who Verizon uses as the booking agent? can we then buy Verizon gift cards and save additional money? Do you have to pay the entire cruise up front for those savings? Has anyone done this????

Btw I booked super saver so yes I was required to pay the total. On the confirmation email it had a note for the final payment due date. So I would think if you book other than super saver then you wouldn't have to pay in full. Carnivals billing summary has me paying full price. Travel agents billing shows the discounted price.

• 2 months later...
Btw I booked super saver so yes I was required to pay the total. On the confirmation email it had a note for the final payment due date. So I would think if you book other than super saver then you wouldn't have to pay in full. Carnivals billing summary has me paying full price. Travel agents billing shows the discounted price.

Jag.wsfd I am looking to book a cruise through Verizon Smart Rewards and noticed you had previously done this. When accessing your booking and doing th eonline check in did you access everything through Carnival's site or did you have another site to go to?

My last cruise was booked through Verizon Smart Rewards. Not sure if it was because it was within the 60-day window, but I had to pay in full when booking. Later, I reached out to my PVP with an inquiry. She was unable to access the booking, said it looked like it was done by a TA. I could access the booking via the Carnival site, booking excursions, making Fun Shop orders and completing online check-in. I was also able to submit requests to Special Needs without 3rd-party intervention.

The only communication I received regarding the booking was the confirmation email at booking. I booked an inside guarantee and found my cabin info by checking online periodically. I would have liked more updates and reminders.

I probably will not book through VSR again.

Edited by Godiva@Sea

Check in was still done on the carnival site. Any questions or changes had to go through the TA. Which is a company Verizon has hired. I didn't find that out until I called carnival with a question. I will not book using Verizon smart rewards again.

We plan to book our 2016 cruise while onboard our next cruise in order to get the $100 OBC. If we purchase the e gift cards from Verizon Rewards, can they be used for the deposit???

We did it on our last cruise. We purchased a $500 e Gift Card through Verizon to use for our deposit. The Cruise Consultant on board originally said no and I had to explain to him how to do it and we were able to book it using the Gift Card.

• 1 year later...
I think you are misunderstanding my question. There is a way to actually book your cruise through Verizon. It is like the e-certificates, discounted, and I am wondering if when you book through Verizon, if it's like a travel agent, or other cruise booking website, and all your changes need to go through Verizon.

It would be great if when booking through Verizon, you could benefit from the discounted cruise, AND use the discounted certificates to pay it off, but I'm wondering if changes can be made to your booking if you book through Verizon.

Has anyone booked their cruise through Verizon?

I booked through Verizon. It is with a crappy travel agency and now i cannot do ANYTHING through Carnival. I lost out on a$125 price protection claim because I hate trying to call the TA that much!!

NEVER AGAIN