How bad are gty rooms??

barrelracer89

For my upcoming cruise on the Conquest, we originally had an inside booked, early saver. Prices started falling, we ended up switching to an oceanview guarantee for the same cost. Then prices kept falling. We're ending up with a nice onboard credit amount and an oceanview room in a nice location, midship main floor. Shore ex desk is above us.

We just recently tried a gty balcony on the Pride, and it worked out VERY well for us. We had originally booked a 4K(interior french door cabin) last February for a Pride cruise last month under ES rate. Bout 3 weeks before cruise, there was a 'sale" and gty balconies were only like $40 more than the 4K, so we decided to "give up ES" and take the gamble. 5 days after booking when the "sale" was over, we were assigned an extended balcony cabin, next to one we had stayed in on a previous Pride cruise, so we knew what to expect and that it was a nice cabin and decent location.

We were pleased....but then there were like 3 additional price drops after we switched. Each time we went back into the "gty pool" and each time were re-assigned the same cabin...and $500 OBC when it was all done with.....we were then real pleased!!

I thought once you switched from ES to GTY, you 'gave up ES' & no longer qualified for price drops? How were you able to price match the two other times?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I thought once you switched from ES to GTY, you 'gave up ES' & no longer qualified for price drops? How were you able to price match the two other times?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I thought the same. Originally all thought I was doing was moving us to a gty balcony for a small price increase over the interior we had booked, which we were ok with. Not at all sure what our PVP had to do when the price dropped multiple times to get us the lower rate/OBC, but he did, though as I mentioned, each time we "risked" a different balcony, but were assigned the same one. Couple folks on the same cruise had similar experiences.

I've booked a G OV room and not sure I would do it again. The room was kinda noisy. It didn't ruin the cruise at all, but looking back it was kinda annoying. To save $50pp it wasn't worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums