Will they ship my rum?

Nadersmom

DH has lately become very fond of Rum. We will be in Nassau and I'm assuming my DH will want to purchase some while there.

We fly back home from port and I hate the thought of packing bottles of rum that could break in my suitcase. Are there any reputable places, maybe like the John Watkins Distillery that will ship your purchase home for you? We will most likely pay with cash so I want to be sure its someone who we can trust to ship it.

Any suggestions appreciated.

DH has lately become very fond of Rum. We will be in Nassau and I'm assuming my DH will want to purchase some while there.

We fly back home from port and I hate the thought of packing bottles of rum that could break in my suitcase. Are there any reputable places, maybe like the John Watkins Distillery that will ship your purchase home for you? We will most likely pay with cash so I want to be sure its someone who we can trust to ship it.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Up until recently I lived in Nassau and have never heard of any liquor store that would ship outside the bahamas.

Watlings Distillery might, but I doubt it. Don't forget you would need to pay duty on those bottles over your exceptions. So hauling a case or more back on board might be an issue. It would need to clear customs.

Up until recently I lived in Nassau and have never heard of any liquor store that would ship outside the bahamas.

Watlings Distillery might, but I doubt it. Don't forget you would need to pay duty on those bottles over your exceptions. So hauling a case or more back on board might be an issue. It would need to clear customs.

Thanks. Not really looking for a large amount of rum. only a couple of bottles. I was just concerned with them breaking in baggage during the flight. Those guys can really fling those suitcases around :D

no one that I am aware of but I have never had any issues bringing back bottles in my checked luggage...just wrap them up nicely in your clothing.

OK perfect. Thanks so much. Maybe I'll tell him to put some thin bubble wrap in his bag before we go that he can wrap around the bottles and then put inside his clothes.

Appreciate the help!

We just returned from St Marteen. We aren't big drinkers but some nice bottles of rum makes great gifts for the holidays. We bought 4 and carried 2 in each suitcase with no problem at all. Just wrap them in some t shirts and make sure that they are packed well and won't bump each other.

Cheers

Len