Boarding cards

Just a warning. I have just checked in for next week and tried to print my boarding cards :eek:

PROBLEMS

1) Firstly I couldn't print them at all, then I noticed another tab on the taskbar, so clicked on that and tried to print from that.

2) It printed part of it, but very small, so unticked something which made it larger, but them half the barcode was missing :rolleyes:

Sooo, remembering vaguely something I read on CC, I downloaded it and printed that - Bingo!! It worked :):) Only 8 pages and goodness knows how much ink wasted :mad:

NOW FOR SOME QUESTIONS?

1)I thought you had to print luggage labels too (we did on Princess) but couldn't see any, so do we get them at Gatwick as we have before?

2)Can we book in overnight at Gatwick? I hope so as we have booked Premier Inn for Thursday night.

3)If we are not too tired when we get to Corfu, can we get into Corfu Town easily to have a look round. We should be on the ship around lunchtime and don't leave until late at night.

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Just a warning. I have just checked in for next week and tried to print my boarding cards :eek:

PROBLEMS

1) Firstly I couldn't print them at all, then I noticed another tab on the taskbar, so clicked on that and tried to print from that.

2) It printed part of it, but very small, so unticked something which made it larger, but them half the barcode was missing :rolleyes:

Sooo, remembering vaguely something I read on CC, I downloaded it and printed that - Bingo!! It worked :):) Only 8 pages and goodness knows how much ink wasted

NOW FOR SOME QUESTIONS?

1)I thought you had to print luggage labels too (we did on Princess) but couldn't see any, so do we get them at Gatwick as we have before?

2)Can we book in overnight at Gatwick? I hope so as we have booked Premier Inn for Thursday night.

3)If we are not too tired when we get to Corfu, can we get into Corfu Town easily to have a look round. We should be on the ship around lunchtime and don't leave until late at night.

Well done, Linda, in printing off those Boarding Cards! It made a big difference at Newcastle Airport when we left the cases at the Bag Drop as there was a long queue for the check in desk for those who had not printed their tickets.

Do you mean luggage labels for the flight because now they just use the bar code on the paper they wrap round your case handles. If you mean the labels to identify your cabin, you get them at Corfu Airport/coach/embarkation. Cannot remember which. We got them at embarkation at Palma port where we had to identify our cases after they were taken off the coach and then added the labels with our cabin numbers.

Don't know about booking in at Gatwick night before.

At Corfu port, we got the local bus at the port which takes you to the "start" of the lovely, narrow tourist streets which take you right through to the Liston and the Cricket ground. Across the cricket ground and car parks there is a castle/fort which was free to get in last year. There's quite a bit of walking but it is flat most of the way. There's a lovely little church (St Spiridon's) in one of the streets behind the Liston which should be marked on one of the maps you get from Destination Services/Reception.

I love Corfu town and it was the first port we sailed from on our first cruise. :) On the coach journey from the airport to the port the streets look scruffy but the tourist streets are better cared for so don't let them put you off.

Just remembered, the local bus stop was hard to find as it was not signed very well. You had to go through the port building, turn left and walk over about 100 yards. I had to ask in the port building and still was not sure. :confused: someone else might be able to give more detailed, up to date directions.

Edited by Jakanne1

Thanks Jackie, I forgot they use the bar code things now :o I am thinking of buying some labels to put on the cases with our name and mobile number on.

We might be too tired to get to Corful town, but I really want to see it as we leave about 10am on the last day and won't have time.

We have used the night before bag drop at Gatwick a couple of times when staying at the Premier Inn before an early flight. It has been very efficient and saves time in the morning as you go straight to security. Hope you have a lovely cruise.

Thanks Jackie, I forgot they use the bar code things now :o I am thinking of buying some labels to put on the cases with our name and mobile number on.

We might be too tired to get to Corful town, but I really want to see it as we leave about 10am on the last day and won't have time.

You could get a taxi.

We have used the night before bag drop at Gatwick a couple of times when staying at the Premier Inn before an early flight. It has been very efficient and saves time in the morning as you go straight to security. Hope you have a lovely cruise.

Thanks, I'm sure we will :)

We had flights like that when we did the Adriatic on the Spirit. We did a trip to Paleokastritsa (had to look that up :D)which was beautiful. Then we got back to the ship and had some lunch. We paid around £30 to book a cabin until 5pm, where we had a snooze and then it was time to go to the airport. It's not like some other ships we have been on, where you have to get off in the morning and they don't give a fig where you go :rolleyes:

Just noticed this post. Did you get some luggage labels Linda? The print your own paper labels are hopeless (seems common practice now with all cruise lines) - even the thin card ones had a tendency to tear or get ripped off. So I recently got some thick clear vinyl ones that you can put the folded paper ones in. I think they are pretty good value and can be reused.

If you are interested, Google 'Thanet Luggage Labels'. Might be a bit late for this trip Linda and you may have got something now but if not perhaps useful for future trips.

Looked it up - this link might work

http://www.thanetdirect.com

Edited by kruzseeka

Have ordered the cruise ones. I don't hang about ;)

Ours came in a couple of days so hopefully you'll have them before you leave at the end of the week. At that price we thought if they only lasted for a few trips they wouldn't owe us anything but they seem quite robust. Hope you're happy with them. ;)

You don't get a luggage label at the UK airport?, except with bonded luggage going to Barbados etc.

It is my experience that you print your own e-ticket and boarding passes (for both journeys) and take these to the baggage drop at the airport. This is no faster than just turning up as there is a queue for the desks anyway and they could easily print your boarding cards right there. They stick their own bar code on the case and away it goes. Day before check-in is OK though as you go straight to security on flight day.

When you get to the destination you get labels with your cabin number on to attach to your case. Then on the coach and off to the ship.

This is my experience, is this still how it works?

Thomsons at Newcastle airport had everything working slickly recently. A long line of people at check-in (no preprinted boarding cards) and just one couple in front of us at bag drop (with preprinted boarding cards). Plus, this time they didn't reprint our boarding cards!

My sister has just returned through Charles De Gaulle airport and she said it was dreadful, with long lines of people having to print out their own boarding cards at machines which must have been complicated for many people to use. And security was extremely tight. She had to show her passport numerous times.

So Thomson doing ok in comparison. :);)

You don't get a luggage label at the UK airport?, except with bonded luggage going to Barbados etc.

It is my experience that you print your own e-ticket and boarding passes (for both journeys) and take these to the baggage drop at the airport. This is no faster than just turning up as there is a queue for the desks anyway and they could easily print your boarding cards right there. They stick their own bar code on the case and away it goes. Day before check-in is OK though as you go straight to security on flight day.

When you get to the destination you get labels with your cabin number on to attach to your case. Then on the coach and off to the ship.

This is my experience, is this still how it works?

Reference the luggage tags (not the e-Ticket/boarding pass issue):

There used to be thin card luggage labels in those nice booklets which we used to get prior to travel but even those weren't too robust. Now you don't get those. Last time we went to the Caribbean we had our luggage labels (card tags with cabin number) provided at check-in by a Thomson rep who stood at the head of the check-in queue. I guess this is still the case.

For other destinations I think it's a paper print out you do yourself and attach some way to your cases. Blue Peter style! Certainly common practice with many cruise lines - Celebrity, P&O and Cunard for example. And that's the problem as the paper is totally unsuitable unless you reinforce it somehow. The vinyl ones seem like a good solution.

Edited by kruzseeka

I don't think you can print out luggage labels with Thomson, Kruzseeka. I can't find any on "My Booking" where you print the boarding passes. I think Jackie is correct, they just use the plastic destination labels with the barcodes on :eek:

Just had an email from Thanet Direct to say the luggage tags have been posted :)

Panic stations setting in already :o

I was checking my paperwork and realized that for some reason, I didn't have a boarding card for myself for the outbound journey, although the other 3 were there :confused: So printed that out OK. Strangely, it seems to be printing out OK from the website now, so I don't know why it wasn't doing so the other day!

Then I realized I hadn't printed out my paperwork for the Premier Inn for Thursday night! So fished about in old emails to find it, printed it out and then realized it was for February last year!! So more searching and found it and printed that out. Now I have to book the coach to Gatwick and print that out, so having a cuppa before I tackle that.

I have packed most of the odds and ends, but don't want to pack the clothes too early, as they get creased. I feel I should spend this wet day getting the stuff ready though.

Is it worth all this hassle?? Yeeeeees, have you seen the weather forecast for Aegean? Sun :):)

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Panic stations setting in already

I was checking my paperwork and realized that for some reason, I didn't have a boarding card for myself for the outbound journey, although the other 3 were there So printed that out OK. Strangely, it seems to be printing out OK from the website now, so I don't know why it wasn't doing so the other day!

Then I realized I hadn't printed out my paperwork for the Premier Inn for Thursday night! So fished about in old emails to find it, printed it out and then realized it was for February last year!! So more searching and found it and printed that out. Now I have to book the coach to Gatwick and print that out, so having a cuppa before I tackle that.

I have packed most of the odds and ends, but don't want to pack the clothes too early, as they get creased. I feel I should spend this wet day getting the stuff ready though.

Is it worth all this hassle?? Yeeeeees, have you seen the weather forecast for Aegean? Sun :)

I'm sure holiday admin wasn't as stressful or complicated years ago. Must be the technological age making life simpler and more efficient for us........ :rolleyes: What with coach tickets (are the coach cards still valid?), insurance, HHIC (still valid?), notify banks, currency, charging all the devices, clearing camera cards, booking taxis, hotels, api, on-line check-in, boarding passes - Phew!!!! :eek: But is it worth it? You bet! :D Have a good holiday Linda - you deserve it after all that prep!!!!

P.S. I have lists for everything - otherwise I'd never cope! :o