Advice for a large group - excursion in Cozumel!

kmcg8r

Hello,

In November we will have 25 people arrive on Cozumel on Explorer of the Seas. My parents are taking their 4 daughters, the husbands and all the grandchildren on a cruise over Thanksgiving. So my parents are the oldest (65) with the youngest kids being 3 years old. We are trying to figure out what to do because everyone's needs are a little different but would be nice to all meet up at some point. I've done a lot of reading but still haven't found what we think to be the perfect solution so just want to pose the question to the group...

Ages - variety - 1 family with twin 3 yr olds, 5 yr old, 10 yr old and 16 yr old. 1 family with 16/14 yr olds. 1 family with 12/15 yr olds and 1 family with 10, 8 and 4 year old. Along with my parents with a dad who has walking problems.

We have thought about Paradise Island - been there before and enjoyed it. The kids would have a blast with all of the water inflatables. And is relaxing for the adults. And it's affordable and easy to get to via taxi (which is what we were thinking of doing)

However two of the families with older children (13-16) are thinking of doing a snorkeling trip while in Cozumel since it's so much better than the Bahamas. So then we were looking at Playa Mia since that could overlap with the others being there. Playa Mia has some snorkeling excursions but includes beach time there as well... Are the water toys at Playa Mia as good as Paradise Island? I know the pricing admission is different than Paradise Island - just trying to figure out which is better than the other. If we could try to overlap and see one another while on Cozumel, that is ideal. But if we can't find something perfect, then everyone can fend for themselves I guess. Particularly the family with 5 kids (the youngest kids) - they don't have a lot of $$ for excursions as it is, so cheaper for them is better.

Thoughts? Thank you in advance!

Playa Mia should be great for your group - the kiddie water park should keep the youngest ones happy and there are enough water toys to keep the older kids (and young at heart adults ;)) happy.

Paradise Beach is another good option - great facilities, water toys, and a HUGE pool. Good Luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...