A Day In Cabo San Lucas

richwmn

This link provides a current status of many businesses in Cabo. It is updated pretty regularly. Tobasco's is not currently listed but that does not necessarily mean that it's not in business (just not listed). Hardest hit areas were up on the tourist corridor between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. That area took the heaviest hit as the eye swept up into the Sea of Cortez. Some of the Medano Beach bars/restaurants are open and back in business as are some of the marina restaurants.

We've been going to Cabo every year for the last 12 years (to visit our timeshare).

http://www.loscabosguide.com/blog/2014/09/updates-on-los-cabos-businesses/

Thanks so much Darrell.....I will continue to check their web site for information as well.

Don

richwmn-

Saw what I think was a H.A. ship on a webcam in Cabo area today.(10/3) I think your ship was the first to call on Cabo since Hurricane O?

Tomorrow is suppose to be Star Princess(10/4) and next Monday & Tuesday is Carnival Miracle.

Good to know that Cabo marina is accepting cruise passengers.

yes it is good to know.

No problema Lotsasmiles. You voiced one of my frustrations with these message boards and I couldn't help but try to defend someone with a name like Lotsasmiles.:):)

My wife and I are Windstar cruisers, so we likely won't meet on a cruise ship, however, we are frequent visitors to Cabo. If you are ever in Cabo over Thanksgiving week, look us up. Dan

This is great news!! Thanks for the update.

I was looking forward to Cabo on my upcoming Panama Canal cruise.

I haven't been there in 30 years!! :)

If anyone knows about Medano Beach and specifically Tobasco's, there, please let me know. That's where I am heading when I get there! :D

Thanks.

Don

Tobasco's was completely wiped out and must be rebuilt from scratch so if your cruise stops there soon it may not be rebuilt yet but they are rebuilding!

@Lotsasmiles.

I have experienced the same thing on these forums, both TA and CC. If you don't have 10000 posts and a billion sailed flags, your posts go, at best, ignored, or more often, flamed. It is curious to me as you would expect more from people that obviously have a shared interest. Somewhat perplexing.

You think about all the Cruisers out there and only 22000 who are members of this forum World Wide. All the cruise lines not that many do any postings.

Tobasco's was completely wiped out and must be rebuilt from scratch so if your cruise stops there soon it may not be rebuilt yet but they are rebuilding!

Thanks for that. But will see changes I am sure. What a sin; that it caused all that chaos for that community and others.:(:(

richwmn-

Saw what I think was a H.A. ship on a webcam in Cabo area today.(10/3) I think your ship was the first to call on Cabo since Hurricane O?

Tomorrow is suppose to be Star Princess(10/4) and next Monday & Tuesday is Carnival Miracle.

Good to know that Cabo marina is accepting cruise passengers.

What webcam site are you using to see Cabo?

AZmike480

Thanks for the information Joe....that is terrible news. :(

I heard it was one of the most popular places at Medano Beach.

Do you think it will be rebuilt by early January?

If not, is there another place there that was not hit as hard and would be a good place to go?

Or is Medano Beach now a beach that might not be the best to visit?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Don

You think about all the Cruisers out there and only 22000 who are members of this forum World Wide. All the cruise lines not that many do any postings.

Folk Singer. Not that being confused is an unfamiliar state to me, but I don't quite get your comment to my post. Color me confused.....:confused:

DanBarb - me thinks that Folk Singer has confused 'postings' with 'posters'. One 'poster' can have 10,000 'postings' but there are unlikely to be 10,000 'posters' with 1 'posting' - per cruise line of course :) ( haha - in saying that I bet someone somewhere will disagree :rolleyes:)

Anne-Marie

Edited by Lotsasmiles

DanBarb - me thinks that Folk Singer has confused 'postings' with 'posters'. One 'poster' can have 10,000 'postings' but there are unlikely to be 10,000 'posters' with 1 'posting' - per cruise line of course :) ( haha - in saying that I bet someone somewhere will disagree :rolleyes:)

Anne-Marie

I think what Folk Singer was trying to say is that Cruise Critic members are only a very tiny percentage of cruisers, world wide.

Lizzie68 you are probably correct. Unfortunately, that is the problem with this 2 dimensional forum - it is open to interpretation and if you do not get your meaning of things 100% worded correctly and precisely then there will always be a percentage of the readers who read your statement a different way. Oh the joys of being imperfect - I will put myself at the lead of the pack on this :D

Anne-Marie

I think what Folk Singer was trying to say is that Cruise Critic members are only a very tiny percentage of cruisers, world wide.

I think Folk Singer tends to hit "quote" instead of "reply" to get a "reply to thread" box. Many of his posts have a quote, but his reply has nothing to do with what he has quoted.

Lizzie68 you are probably correct. Unfortunately, that is the problem with this 2 dimensional forum - it is open to interpretation and if you do not get your meaning of things 100% worded correctly and precisely then there will always be a percentage of the readers who read your statement a different way. Oh the joys of being imperfect - I will put myself at the lead of the pack on this :D

We're ALL guilty, LOL!:D