CRUISE TO PARADISE! Carnival Spirit to HAWAII!April 15, 2007! $25.00 deposit extended

Litewait

I hope that everyone affected by Katrina will start to here some good knews. I just got a call from my mom and she had just talked to her sister. Today is the first day they could get phone service. They are all fine ( as can be). They all left their homes when told and went to my cousins church in another town where he is the minister. Today is the first day they had ventured out and went to where their homes are. They all have homes still, several have roof and water damage but it looks repairable at this point. There is no electric, gas, water and no place to buy it in either city. The church is operating off of generators and they are using gas from everyones cars to keep it going. The church has a large pantry and freezer so they emptied all the food, drinks ect from everyones homes and brought them to the church. SO they are good for a little while. They only need gas right now to keep the generator going. I guess if worse came to worse they could borrow it from cars that are sitting in order to survive until help can get to their area.

When my mom asked if there was anything we could do from here, my aunt said, "Rennie (my mom) the good Lord saw us through the worst of it, I'm sure he'll see fit to get us through the rest". What a testimony.

God bless all of you who are still waiting for word, your in my prayers.

Now, I can enjoy the next few days.

Celeste,

When is your birthday?? Mine is April 17th. Welcome Aboard. Im sure the time will pass quickly.

My Birthday is actually on the 4th, but I'm sure going to celebrate it on the cruise. :p I know time goes faster as I get older, but somehow, when you want it to go fast I crawls. :) I'm looking forward to meeting the group!

:eek: Finally found our thread! Hope all had a good weekend. The Paradise cruise was good, just short. But it's the first time I've really felt sad (post cruise disorder??) afterwards. Maybe because it wasn't very long? Weird I know. Went on Carnival today and it says 217 days until your next cruise..that sure didn't help. Atleast I have that one to hold me over until Hawaii!

We are still growing. Maybe we can have 16 cabins booked by the 16th

Good morning everyone. Welcome to the group for all of you who recently joined.

I was cleaning my garage of this weekend (we are buying a new house) and found a large book on Maui that we got on our honeymoon there. Now I REALLY want to go. This is going to be the worst wait ever! :(

Archived