Haven't done online checkin and sailing Sunday

Luluwa

My friend is sailing first time but hasn't done her online checkin yet. What happens if she Shows up at the pier with no luggage tags or boarding pass?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My friend is sailing first time but hasn't done her online checkin yet. What happens if she Shows up at the pier with no luggage tags or boarding pass?

It will take her longer to check in.

Why can't she do it now?

It will take her longer to check in.

Why can't she do it now?

She's getting married at 2pm tomorrow and hasn't gotten it done. She started it today and didn't finish it

She's getting married at 2pm tomorrow and hasn't gotten it done. She started it today and didn't finish it

She only booked 10days ago and is at rehearsal and dinner tonight

you have to at least have a copy of your printed boarding pass or you might wait a couple of hours to get checked in -- at least that is what happened to our family 2-3 years ago on the glory.

we live in Calif, met my daughter who lives in NY and went to get checked in on the glory and didn't realize I didn't have the boarding pass for all of us.

There was no place there to print one up-- so that meant we had to be matched to the passenger manifest which the check in people didnt have. . .so we waited 2 hours until finally someone was able to get the manifest and check us in (by that time, there was probably about 15 people in the same situation as we were).

So Print, Print, Print -- although if you haven't done it yet, it may be too late as I have read that you cant print your boarding pass online 48 hours prior to your cruise because it no longer shows up online,

A few years ago, I waited to the last minute to print our documents and my printer wasn't working. I completed the online check-in, but didn't have luggage tags or boarding passes. The porter put tags on our luggage at the pier as soon as we got out of the car. Also, the check-in staff DID have the manifest and simply verified our names. There was NO delay in our boarding time. IDK, maybe we were just lucky. :rolleyes:

How early should one check in? I mean we aren't sailing until Feb next year and it is not even paid for in full, yet it gives me the option to check-in online, should I do it now?

I always put in passport information when we book the cruise. Thus forcing me to look for said passport and verify that it is accounted for. I do not wait for the last minute because realizing at the last minute you don't know where in the heck your documentation is is not a good feeling. I have torn up my house looking for stuff before because we have moved since the last time we used our passports. Which is exactly why I do it the way I do it. I have already checked into our cruise and we have 400+ days to go. I don't think it hurts anything unless the credit card you are using for your sign and sail would be expired by the time of your cruise. In that case just skip that part.

How early should one check in? I mean we aren't sailing until Feb next year and it is not even paid for in full, yet it gives me the option to check-in online, should I do it now?

If you want to.

You need to do it at least three days ahead of time or it may not show up for them.

If you don't do it nothing terrible happens.

They will look for your name on a print out when you first come in.

Then they will stop you along the way a few times and check the sheet again.

It is better to do it, but it is not necessary.