Three weeks! (And I'm not sure I'm going to make it!)

ldlewis45

I'm so excited! This time in three weeks, I'll be on a plane to Spain, where I'll spend one night before boarding the Epic for her 14-day transatlantic voyage! It's finally hit that it's close, and I'm starting to freak out a little. I can't wait, and these last three weeks are going to be torture!

Part of it is because I've never been to Europe before, part is because my longest flight until now was a 6 hour flight from Seattle to New York City, and part is because this will be the longest cruise I've ever been on. I'm at the "holy cow, this is really happening" stage, I think, lol.

Leaving Sunday for my first cruise in 10 Years! My girls first cruise too! I an SO nervous about forgetting something! I CANNOT believe it's almost here. We booked 19 months ago! :eek: I understand your excitement...I was just there...it will FLY by! Enjoy the anticipation!

I wonder how long you've been waiting already. We signed up (mid-July) to take the Epic back to Barcelona in the spring. Even though we have a nice cruise set up on her second week back (counter says 42 days), it's the wait for the TA that's making us wonder how we'll ever make it. Your flight won't be too bad (have done a dozen between Istanbul and Chicago), and then you'll have all that time to refresh. You'll have such a wonderful time!

Edited by Rhea98

I think it is a scientific fact that the closer it is to your departure day the slower the days go by.... You will love it!!! Take lots of pics then come back, post them and make us all jealous!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Idlewis45

We hear you. My wife and I are starting to pick out outfits and know we are going to over pack. We did this TA 3 years ago and it was the best. treating ourselves to the Haven this time.

Where are you flying from? We are out of Miami, leaving on the 24th to Barcelona.

Enjoy the cruise

Hi Idlewis45

We hear you. My wife and I are starting to pick out outfits and know we are going to over pack. We did this TA 3 years ago and it was the best. treating ourselves to the Haven this time.

Where are you flying from? We are out of Miami, leaving on the 24th to Barcelona.

Enjoy the cruise

Same here! Which flight are you on? I'm on the 8:50 PM Air Europa flight that stops in Madrid.

Oh my, I don't envy you looking forward to that flight. Uhg. We took our first trans-Atlantic flight this summer and it was brutal.

We are five weeks out and can't wait either. Waiting and planning is half the fun. I am starting to do my pre packing in a section of my closet.

Enjoy!

We are leaving out of Miami Oct 24 at 7:30pm arriving Barcelona 9:30am Saturday. Thank God we were able to snag first class tickets with miles. It makes the 9 hour flight a little more bearable.