Shuttle/Bus from Kobe port to downtown?

M5M

We are stopping in Kobe off Celebrity in October. I think I have read there is transportation provided (maybe by the port authority or city?) from Port to a downtown train station? Does anyone know this, and which station is it? Thanks!

We are stopping in Kobe off Celebrity in October. I think I have read there is transportation provided (maybe by the port authority or city?) from Port to a downtown train station? Does anyone know this, and which station is it? Thanks!

Not 100% sure but I believe we will arrive at the large cruise ship terminal. The Kobe Port Liner station will be outside. A ride to the main Sannomiya area will cost 210 Yen

Others have mentioned a free shuttle Motomachi area but I believe that is from the cruise terminal at Merikan Park that only accepts ships 50,000 tons or less. Again, not 100% sure.

In any event, transportation should be easy from either venue an a modest cost. Not a Celebrity provided transport - unless on a Celebrity excursion.

ShinKobe is the station for high speed trains to Kyoto etc. If this is your plan it may be better to take a taxi directly there rather than take a shuttle first.

The Kobe subway/train system is very modern, clean, and inexpensive. There is a station directly outside the front entrance to the Kobe Cruise Terminal.

Approximately US$2 will get you a ticket to take the 4 minute ride (2 stops)to Sannomiya Train Station in the center of Kobe.

A taxi will cost you around US$8 and take about 10 minutes to get you to the center of Kobe.