Car Rental: Pick Up at POM, Return to FLL

GreytRacer

Hertz is located close to POM in downtown Miami and offers free shuttles, but is often overwhelmed by cruise customers. Avis and others also have downtown locations -- if they do not offer a shuttle a taxi would run about $12

National, Alamo, & Thrifty offer free shuttles to their MIA airport location. Good luck! :)

Pretty much all the car rentals go out of one rental facility that is half way between MIA and FLL so the price for pickup at one and drop off at the other is the same price. THEY will try to put another fee on it but shop around and will find it for no additional drop off price. For my Nov. cruise I decided to drop the car off at MIA and take the port shuttle from there. Price was cheaper than companies with POM offices and won't get into that crowd.

Have not sailed out of FLL or MIA in ages so will see if it is better than last time when 8 huge ships were in FLL and there was a taxi strike :eek: NY we were sure we would have no problem with walk off get a taxi and go to airport. Seemed like half the ship was trying to get a taxi at the same time! Horrible end to a very nice cruise (solved that by walking 6 blocks away from taxi stand and 3 blocks up to get a taxi before they hit the crowds. Never know what will or will not work. Give it your best try! Just a whole lot of people wanting to go to the same place as you all at the same time.

Pretty much all the car rentals go out of one rental facility that is half way between MIA and FLL MIA car rentals are at the MIA aiport which is a 45 minute drive from the FLL airport - I am confused about what you are describing? :confused: so the price for pickup at one and drop off at the other is the same price. THEY will try to put another fee on it but shop around and will find it for no additional drop off price. For my Nov. cruise I decided to drop the car off at MIA and take the port shuttle from there. Price was cheaper than companies with POM offices and won't get into that crowd.

Have not sailed out of FLL or MIA in ages so will see if it is better than last time when 8 huge ships were in FLL and there was a taxi strike :eek: NY we were sure we would have no problem with walk off get a taxi and go to airport. Seemed like half the ship was trying to get a taxi at the same time! Horrible end to a very nice cruise (solved that by walking 6 blocks away from taxi stand and 3 blocks up to get a taxi before they hit the crowds. Never know what will or will not work. Give it your best try! Just a whole lot of people wanting to go to the same place as you all at the same time.

MIA car rentals are at the MIA aiport which is a 45 minute drive from the FLL airport - I am confused about what you are describing? :confused: The OP is trying to rent a car in Miami and drop it at FLL, not go from PE to FLL.