Carnival Cruise Week Fare

hhalliv

Hey Terrie, Yes, but your TA must submit the paperwork. Are you sure you are booked ES? Just stay on top of the TA to get it done.

Steve

With the sale ending today.... I would screen shot it and send to your TA ASAP :)

I'm not too happy with CCL right now and I am hoping for some kind of OBC. I talked three of my friends into going on this criuse and we all agreed to pick (Carnival Freedom, Oct 26th) as it was stopping in Key West which we were all excited about.

We also got balcony rooms as we are all smokers. Guess what, the itinerary changed and we are now stopping in Jamaica (yes I have read the fine print about itinerary changes) and the smoking policy changed on Oct. 14th. Now we have the more expensive rooms and cannot smoke on our balcony and we don't even get to see Key West. On top of that, I found a rather large price reduction and I had my TA call them

and we were told that we would have to give up our rooms as the lower price is some promotion (although it doesn't state that on their website). I am very disappointed and this is only my first cruise! I sure hope that we have fun and it makes up for all of this!

Did you book ES? If so, and the new rate isn't for a GTY cabin, you should be able to get a price drop. But if you didn't book ES, you are not eligible for a price drop. Being able to talk with Carnival directly is one reason I gave up using a TA.

Yes we did book ES but they said they will not honor it unless we give up our rooms and re-book with no room assignment and we are all first time cruisers so we are a little wary of where they might put us. Always an exception! They shouldn't really advertise ES the way they do because there are way too many exceptions that aren't in the fine print and they always seem to find a way around them. Oh well, live and learn!

Then they are telling you that you are trying to do a price compare to a GTY rate. For ES, this is NOT possible, because with ES, you select your cabin. For GTY, you do not. Yes, you can switch to GTY (once) but you will give up your cabins and then let Carnival put you in whatever is open.

I know this now! I just still think it is crappy because it doesn't state that anywhere on their web site by the lower rate. I didn't even know what a GTY room was until I tried to get an OBC for the difference. Hey, this is all a learning experience!

Hey Cher, yes, we all go thru it once and learn from it. But, if you are willing to switch to a GTY, you can get the price difference but then are leaving it up to Carnival to give you your cabins. I had this decision on a just recent cruise and decided I liked my cabin location better than the cheaper rate with a GTY.

Steve

Just thought I'd post an update,

This morning I got an actual phone call from Carnival saying that they had finally decided to give me the $50 OBC. Just in time for the Past Guest Appreciation Sale...here we go again