Carnival Cruise Week Fare

hhalliv

Hello cruise critics,

I'm booked in a spa suite on the Sunshine in March under the Early Saver. This National Cruise Week Fare came out and is the same price with $50 OBC. I called and tried to get this changed, and they said they could not do it because the category was already sold out. Has anyone else had this problem?? I told them to downgrade me to a lower category, and then just re-book me in the suite, and they told me that I would incur change fees if I did that. Not really happy with Carnival right now...all this over $50?? Any suggestions??

Hello cruise critics,

I'm booked in a spa suite on the Sunshine in March under the Early Saver. This National Cruise Week Fare came out and is the same price with $50 OBC. I called and tried to get this changed, and they said they could not do it because the category was already sold out. Has anyone else had this problem?? I told them to downgrade me to a lower category, and then just re-book me in the suite, and they told me that I would incur change fees if I did that. Not really happy with Carnival right now...all this over $50?? Any suggestions??

ES has its own terms and conditions and once you've booked under that fare you are held to those terms. As I recall, ES does not allow downgrades.

Odd, you shouldn't be able to see the fare if the cabins are sold out. Try calling again because sold out may keep you from seeing what the fare is with a faux booking, but shouldn't control getting the discount if you can see the new fare.

I didn't call when I saw the email. I filled out the online price protection form and, seriously, 15 minutes later I received an email approving the OBC.

My mom is on the same cruise and her category is sold out. I told her to fill out the form. No harm, no foul. Worst they can say is no. She received her OBC in less than 15 minutes also.

You might want to try filling out the form and see what happens. This is all assuming you booked ES, which we did.

I find ES the most confusing rate of all.

I have always booked a different rate before, but for my 2015 cruise, I thought I would try it and hope for some benefit to booking so early, but from what I am reading here, it seems like there is always some catch or loophole preventing people form getting a lower rate.

I do understand that once your category is sold out, that you cant get anymore price reduction though, and if another deal shows up after, then you cant just switch over, or get the new rate on the other deal. It is however all very confusing to me.

I didn't call when I saw the email. I filled out the online price protection form and, seriously, 15 minutes later I received an email approving the OBC.

My mom is on the same cruise and her category is sold out. I told her to fill out the form. No harm, no foul. Worst they can say is no. She received her OBC in less than 15 minutes also.

You might want to try filling out the form and see what happens. This is all assuming you booked ES, which we did.

Thanks for the advice! I just filled out the form, so I'll let you know how it goes. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the Carnival rep didn't advise me to do that...ha ha ha

I have a cruise booked in July with early saver. If I call to get this OBC, would it change my booking so that I would no longer be able to get further price drops?

I'm worried about that too. That would seem like something they would try to pull, but I looked on their website, and it says you may make as many claims as you want if there are new promotions available. I guess it depends on your interpretation of that clause. I submitted my price protection form, and if the price goes down again, and they claim I'm not eligible, I'll probably just play dumb, or raise h**l.

I'm worried about that too. That would seem like something they would try to pull, but I looked on their website, and it says you may make as many claims as you want if there are new promotions available. I guess it depends on your interpretation of that clause. I submitted my price protection form, and if the price goes down again, and they claim I'm not eligible, I'll probably just play dumb, or raise h**l.

I booked Early Saver and have received three price reductions and also received $50 onboard credit per stateroom with the current sale

I got a price reduction and the $50 OBC today. The thing you have to remember about this is if the price drops again, it needs to be more than $50 to be worth it, otherwise you will lose the OBC. Unless of course the new promotion also includes it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Glad you guys are getting adjustments. We booked ES for our August 2015 on the Pride. With the National Cruise Week sale the rate is now $230 higher than it was with a $50 OBC. happy to have poked at a great rate and will keep on checking!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm doing a B2B on the Miracle in January. Both cruises booked ES. The first week (a 6-day), the price dropped and I now have $116 in OBC. The second week (a 7-day), the price has gone up about $200.

For the second week, my TA tells me there are still lots of balcony cabins available, so not sure why it would go up in price, but at least I got some benefit from the cruise week sale. :D

No, you will keep your ES. I have that and repriced with this sale yesterday. And still ES.

As others have said on other threads, "Once booked as ES, you remain ES."

We have a B2B booked as ES on the Sunshine in Nov. Within 10 days, we got two price drops on each leg and now have OBC of $270 on leg 1 and $295 on leg 2. Submitted the form for both drops and received confirmations in less than an hour.

I submitted mine like two days ago and haven't heard anything back yet. Hmm:confused:

Same here. So I called my PVP yesterday and he re-booked it for me. Taxes had increased a few dollars but I'm OK with that. I have a second 4K cabin booked for daughter and husband, looked at re-booking it also but the price of the 4k cabins have gone up $200, wow.

I find ES the most confusing rate of all.

I have always booked a different rate before, but for my 2015 cruise, I thought I would try it and hope for some benefit to booking so early, but from what I am reading here, it seems like there is always some catch or loophole preventing people form getting a lower rate.

I do understand that once your category is sold out, that you cant get anymore price reduction though, and if another deal shows up after, then you cant just switch over, or get the new rate on the other deal. It is however all very confusing to me.

Not always true. If your category is sold out, then the price won't change if you use fare viewer. But check the higher cat's, sometimes those could drop below what you paid, and you can upgrade AND get OBC.:D