No Baseball Playoff games on Imagination

MissyMac13

We sailed this past weekend and were looking forward to watching our favorite team play in the ALDS. I even called Carnival to ask if the playoff games would be televised and I was told "yes". So imagine my surprise when I discovered that the games were blocked out and none of them would be shown! I know that I was not the only person who was upset about this, and the very slow updates from SportsCenter were not enough. Other than this, our cruise was fantastic.

Not surprised. Ships are lucky to get the main channels of NBC, CBS, FOX, and ABC. TBS and Fox Sports 1 are two channels you will never see on a cruise ship.

the channels they are putting them on we are lucky to get them on land:mad:

Exactly! Fox has decided that they want to kill baseball by burying the games on their new network that only a small percentage of people have. I guess they hate having viewers. NBC has been trying to do this with hockey, and instead of spreading their new network, they instead destroyed the sport entirely. Fox needs to learn from the mistakes of others.

I remember a thread asking if the playoff games would be on the ship, and the poster was guaranteed 100% that they would. I was one of the only ones to express doubt. None in the stateroom for sure. Sports bar might get TBS, although it sounds like they don't, but I knew there was very little chance of the sports bar having Fox Sports 1.

We just got off the Freedom on Sunday. Missed the Royals games and weren't too happy about it. We're originally from Kansas and this was their first chance at the playoffs since 1985! Oh well, we were still on a cruise! :rolleyes:

We just got off the Freedom on Sunday. Missed the Royals games and weren't too happy about it. We're originally from Kansas and this was their first chance at the playoffs since 1985! Oh well, we were still on a cruise! :rolleyes:

At least you can now see them in the ALCS, and hopefully further. I'm still holding out hope for a 1985 all-Missouri rematch.

I keep watching the NLDS in hopes that I will see my Cubbies play. I guess I will just have to "WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR." ;) :) :p

Sadly no TV anywhere is carrying the Cubs the playoffs, unless it's on a really old tape delay.

I blame this issue on MLB for not forcing better coverage of what has been a great playoff year.

We sailed this past weekend and were looking forward to watching our favorite team play in the ALDS. I even called Carnival to ask if the playoff games would be televised and I was told "yes". So imagine my surprise when I discovered that the games were blocked out and none of them would be shown! I know that I was not the only person who was upset about this, and the very slow updates from SportsCenter were not enough. Other than this, our cruise was fantastic.

That sucks. Especially if you are an Angels fan since you live in Corona and was looking forward to watching them play over the weekend. I was on the Splendor with you in 2010. Cool we share that experience and obviously it didn't deter us from continuing to cruise Carnival. :)