They Keep Calling....What do they want?

cruiseguy2

Hi, its been about a month and a half since my cruise to Alaska (which I still miss) aboard the Mercury. This lady from Celebrity, Candice, keeps calling us, and I am never home when she does (maybe I work too much), and asks for me. I am wondering what she wants. She called again today and my wife took a message. I never get around to calling her back. Do you get calls from the cruise company after a cruise? The weird thing is, she wasn't the agent who booked my cruise. Is this normal protocal, or did I win a cruise :D ? I am thinking she just wants me to book another cruise, which I kind of do! I am told she called about 7 times already.

Thanks for answering this dumb question!

-Chris

I am thinking she just wants me to book another cruise, which I kind of do! I am told she called about 7 times already.

-Chris

I had a similar situation and finally returned the call....and yes, the Celebrity rep wanted a booking. The odd thing was, they kept asking for my DH, who has never made a travel arrangement in his life :)

I also got a number of calls from Celebrity. Actually I was the one that had prompted it by mistake. One day at sea I was playing on the computer in our suite on the Free Access Celebrity Site checking out a cruise. On one of the screens there was a box marked by default that said please call be about this cruise.

:rolleyes:

I also got a call from Candice. When I called her back, she chatted with me, but the real reason for the call was to find out if I had booked a cruise and do I have a TA. When I told her I have one that I've used for some time and that I'm happy with them, I never heard from her again. Definitely she wants a booking, and I guess if you just came from a ship, you're ripe!

Esther

Oh good...book a cruise and get "tele-marketed"...this is a nice change:(.

First time this happens to me, it'll be the last time. If this proves to be true, it's a low class tactic...it's ok to ask if you have a TA, but they really don't care, they want the booking direct...saves on those silly commissions. Oddly enough had my TA not brought cruising to my attention I wouldn't have even considered it.

The time it took you to post this.. You could have called her back and had your answer. I am a way too curious a person to not have called back! Maybe you DID win a free cruise! Maybe you aren't calling back because you know your resistance is low and she may make you an offer (from Celebrity of course) that you can't refuse? :) It seems odd to me that she wouldn't have just talked to your wife?

As a TA I feel it was bad business for RCCL and Celebrity to basically give us ALL the axe. That is by not allowing us to discount to our customers. They are the only lines to do this, btw, in the hopes that everyone will book direct. Had we not given them fabulous profits for several years due to the service we provided they could not afford to take this bold step. If that wasn't bad enough they are allowing / encouraging? ( to be fair we don't know) their agents to solicit from the list of past passengers. A bit more salt in the wound if you will and obviously not well received. Thanks for your support.

My travel agent that I have booked all my Celebrity cruises on dropped Celebrity. He is madder than a hornet with them .He is now pushing Princess. He was for many years a KEY account with Celebrity owning his own cruise only agency. This puts us Celebrity Elite members in a bind. He can no longer help us get upgrades, or have any power to get good deals for us. He doesn't call anymore since I told him not to bother trying to sell me on Princess. Our last Celebrity cruise was booked through another agency. I feel very bad about everything. I miss our old agent. He was always very good about making sure we had the price drop guarantee etc. We booked a short three night directly through Celebrity ( he used to tell us he didn't like booking the short ones. Too much work for little money) I must say it was a good experience. No hassles and I could have all my questions answered for me by calling customer service. I didn't have to wait until my agent was free to get back to me.

Archived