Tips for getting preferred cabana at Labadee

Artemis908

We have an over the water cabana reserved at Nellie's Beach on our cruise in January. I have heard conflicting info saying that cabanas are assigned before arrival to Labadee or not assigned until you arrive (first come, first serve). Wondering what everyone's recent experiences have been, I am perfectly willing to show up early in hopes I get the cabana I want though I am sure any of them would be great... I am just OCD when it comes to planning. :D

When we were there two years ago, we did not arrive at the assigning area until about 9:30 AM. We got the last one available, which was #10, a handicap accessible one. We loved it. If you have an Over the Water reserved and want a specific one, I would say to be off the ship as early as possible and request the cabana you want. They are all nice. What I like most about #9 or #10 is that there is a nice ramp that takes down to the water's edge. The cabanas down the row were either steps or a ladder into the water.

As far as I remember, there are no cabanas that are off by themselves. They are in a gated area so other passengers are not walking by all the time but they are constructed in a row, one after the other. The two beach cabanas are right next to each other also. Not sure you will find one that is "off by itself." That being said, they really are quite private even the way they are set up.