Connecting Cabins

amindu

Hi All

We are currently booked into a cabin that has connecting state rooms. To those who have cruised NCL before (we are on Spirit) is there going to be a big noise factor if we were to switch to one that does not. Which would be a price increased because it is a different category

Thanks

I had one on the Gem in July and it was a little noisey but not too bad. There was more noise from them out on the balcony. It all depends who is in the room next to you. If its not too much more to switch do it for your peace of mind. Have a great trip.:D

We only had a problem once, there was a smoker next door and we could hear lots of coughing. The smoke did filter through the door for sure, not very pleasant. Now with no smoking in the cabins things should be better. We always try and book cabins without a connecting door now.

We were on the Wind a few years back and even though there was a baby next door we heard nothing. We find if the tv is really loud you can here it through the door, just change yours to the same channel:)

The only thing I heard from the adjoining cabin next to me on the Spirit was their TV. Since it was right beside the door, that didn't surprise me. But we never heard anything else all week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are a light sleeper and peace of mind or peace at sleep is a BIG thing for you and the price different isn't HUGE, I would do it.

When I first booked I accidentally got a connecting room and changed ASAP because if I can eliminate one more thing that might keep me awake at night its worth it!

We have sailed on the Spirit 6 times. Four of those cruises have had us in a connecting cabin since most balcony cabins on that ship connect. We are very quiet people and do not like noise from others. Only once have we had any noise and that wasn't noise through the connecting door it was singing, on the balcony, at 2 AM, IPod's are a menace when plugged into the ears and you cannot hear the racket you are making. She was embarassed when I went out and requested she stop. One time we were 8 nights into a 12 night cruise when we learned that next door were 3 kids under 10 years old.