Will others think this is odd?

rene194215

I knew there was something I forgot to do! I have been so busy since I came back I forgot!

Well all I can say is I am planning on a solo on the Conquest in Oct again!!!! I have no troubles at all on my solo voyage!!! I cannot say how nice people were and how I had a wonderful time!!! I have already joined the roll call for the Conquest sailing so I think it will be a great time.,

Honestly the best thing I could have done!!!!

That is awesome!!!!!! :D :D

I am so happy for you; welcome to the great club of solo cruisers.

Your addiction has just begun............:p

Enjoy the Conquest; I have not sailed on her, would love to hear about it when you come back. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my first solo cruise- a 12 day repo from Quebec city to Ft Lauderdale on RCI. I did My Time dining. I tried different times during the cruise enjoyed eating with a different group each time . Iwent to the Buffet one night and a specialty restaurant another. I wound up with one group of folks who eat dinner at 6 each night and enjoyed their company for the rest of the cruise. Went to the dining room for breakfast and lunch in dining room few times also. Just find out what you like.

• 2 weeks later...
Long ago I came to the conclusion that other people aren't thinking about you or me. They're only thinking of themselves! :-)

I had heard a great quote: "that thirty seconds after you have stop talking to them, they have stopped thinking about you."

I find this a great comfort. Thirty seconds will blank out any silly thing that I may have said or any uncomfortable moment. They are "just not that interested in you"!! They are only thinking of their own comfort, or food, or what they will be doing later.

Turn it into a game. Imagine what they are thinking about. Or if you talk to them, try to keep them talking about themselves. See how long it is (in time) before they turn the conversation onto you, or away from themselves. Have fun.

• 3 weeks later...
A little change,,, I am going on the Breeze in Nov now and I feel fear,,, She is just such a huge ship and there are so many people in board, I just hope all will be ok... I am fearful

Nothing to be fearful about! Thinking about (and walking up to) those bigger ships can seem intimidating, but within the first 24 hours, it won't feel so huge. And the many people will just provide more opportunity for people-watching or interacting (if you so choose).

Have a great trip!

I'm doing my first solo on RCCL Indy and would like to dine alone in the MDR.

I'm reading here that many solos opt for My time dining in order to dine alone, but I would love to do traditional so I can have the same wait staff every night.

Would it be easier to get a table for two using traditional dining or My Time Dining?

Thanks so much!

I'm doing my first solo on RCCL Indy and would like to dine alone in the MDR. ...... but I would love to do traditional so I can have the same wait staff every night.

Go for traditional on a table for eight or ten. They know that you are solo - so they will match you with other solos. (usually) Last cruise I met some lovely people travelling solo who just loved the traditional to get the ongoing relationship with waiters & others at the table. They made great friends (mostly). They said one man was a bit of a bore but because he was diluted by seven others they all hit it off. Some even went on day trips together. They loved it. Go for what you love... dont settle on something less. Enjoy the dinning experience.

A little change,,, I am going on the Breeze in Nov now and I feel fear,,, She is just such a huge ship and there are so many people in board, I just hope all will be ok... I am fearful

I did my first solo on the Breeze on Dec.14/2014. 6 Days $419 CND all fees and taxes included.

It was so much fun! First the ship is big, this is good. Not only do you always find new things, it ensure there is always something going on that YOU will be interested in.

The inside cabin would have been small for two people, but you will find with just yourself rattling around in it that there is plenty of space.

The fact that you can tune the TV to an outside view also helps you know what the weather is like before you even leave your room.

Dinner was also fine, the people I regularly eat with were a varied group, the only other single guy only came to eat the meal then quickly left, the single lady from California would stay a while to talk after the meal, the two single girls would stay but left when the nigh clubs openned and the other single women and the mothers with her two daughters would talk with me until you could see the staff really wanted us gone.

Yes, that is one single guy with five single ladies and two mothers without their husbands. The discussions around the table did get interesting.

Another thing I like is coming and leaving my room anytime I like. When I travel with either or both of my travel companions I have a problem if I leave without them they want to know where I am going, if I come in late I end up waking them up from their sleep (Both Sonya and Leonie are light sleepers).

Solo travel means freedom to enjoy a cruise exactly the way you want to.