FLL Hotels or Hollywood

chrismch

Hi Trent.

First, thanks for all the info about FLL hotels. I just checked Extended Stay America for Nov. 5, and they're offering a pretty good rate of $68 for that night. Not much real info about the hotel, but I'm guessing it's pretty basic and nothing fancy. We're OK with that for 1 night, as we're going to be spoiled for 14 nights in aft balcony cabin on the Summit.

Just wanted to see if I'm reading it right on their Web site. What do you think?

Thanks again.

Enzo

Try Holiday Inn Express... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

Or Extended Stay America... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

Those 2 are about the cheapest... AmeriSuites will possibly be cheaper through Valuetrips, but I don't believe they'll be putting out their 2006 prices until next month... http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

All 3 of those hotels are along SE 17th Street, 10 minutes from FLL and just outside the entrance to Port Everglades. If you're flying into FLL and cruising from Port Everglades, but stay in Miami that night before you'll spend whatever you save on transportation back and forth.

For November 5th it looks like $58.99 & up for 1 person, $63.99 & up for 2 people... I don't know how many in your party or what type of beds you want, their rates change for the number of people & beds but it looks like you're in the right ballpark with that price.

Yeah, it's a pretty basic budget hotel, no pool or anything fancy, but it's not very old, the rooms are kitchenettes. They do have some great rates compared to what some of the other hotels along SE 17th Street are getting. The location of the one on SE 17th Street is great, everything you could possibly want is a short walk away.

Oooh you'll LOVE the aft balcony on the Summit, and the rest of the Summit! ;)

Thanks for the prompt reply, Trent.

Like you say, hard to beat that price and location. So, We'll go ahead and book it.

And yes, we're really looking forward to the Summit and that wonderful aft balcony, which is a Concierge Class on top of that!!!

Enzo

Thanks for all of this great information. It appears that Hollywood and Ft. Lauderdale are less expensive for similar quality than Miami Beach. I'm looking for a place for 3 nights after our cruise on Feb. 5. We dock in Miami. We want a hotel oceanfront with a tropical pool area and a nice beach. Shopping and restaurants in the area would be good too. These ideas here are helpful in getting me started.

Archived