Room in from of boat good?

DKB1670

We are going on the century and our room is on the panorama deck and it is ALMOST at the Front of the ship it is the 3rd inside room from the front http://www.celebrity.com/plancruise/ships/deck.do;jsessionid=0000Sa2bqWaA0ncAaPCRdzE38Bw:1028etot9?shipCode=CN&deckCode=PN&sailDate=1050102

Is this a good place for a room? Is it good with someone who kind of gets motion sickness but not bad?

Also a relative of mine is on the same deck but ALMOST at the back of the ship (refer to the above link) it is one of the 1st that are like this _____ (in the back) instead of up and down. How will that room be?

Thanks a bunch

From past experience(4x on Century)The ship is very stable.I know that everyone says midship is the best.We were on the sport deck cruising through the Baltics and I didn't feel a lot of rocking motion or vibration.I always have my Bonnine or Dramamine with me,but rarely have had to use it through the entire cruise.

We've been high, low, fore, aft and midship.

As a rule of thumb, foreward will have more motion, aft tends to feel more vibration. There was some major vibration on the Century after we left port each time. It lasted for a couple of minutes and then all was quiet.

As far as motion sickness, I have had a slight problem a couple of times. 1 dramamine and I was back to normal (DW would disagree that I'm ever "normal" :) ).

We like the forward rooms though because of the light rocking motion that you can feel as you drift off to sleep.

Charlie

Lauren, you will love sailing on the Century. It was our first cruise, also, 5 years ago and it got us hooked big time! far forward was not a problem for us. But I like to feel the motion of the ship. Sometimes we have had such smooth water that I really missed the motion. I like it bumpy. Enjoy!

i dont mind Bumpy at all its hte slow rock that gets me. Like if i am on a swing going really slow and not high. once i get to the point wher i am goign high it's not bad but i get dizzy in the slow. sometimes i even dont feel good on my school bus so i keep my seabands in my purse so i can put them on if i feel dizzy. it always works!

Lauren - our first cruise about 4 years ago was on the Century a few doors down from your room. We loved being on that deck and being so close to the pool/spa/gym. DH has a problem with motion sickness and only found he had to take 1 dosage of dramamine the whole time. I'm sure you will love it!

i dont mind Bumpy at all its hte slow rock that gets me. Like if i am on a swing going really slow and not high. once i get to the point wher i am goign high it's not bad but i get dizzy in the slow. sometimes i even dont feel good on my school bus so i keep my seabands in my purse so i can put them on if i feel dizzy. it always works!

I too get seasick from the slow motion rocking.Just keep in mind if you tender or take any tour that uses a boat to put your bands on,or take your medicine 1/2 hour before you leave.

Have a great cruise

Archived