8 Days on the BREEZE: FlyingCruiserNJ's Southern Caribbean Vacation Review

FlyingCruiserNJ

• 1 month later...

Even though I am driving from the Panhandle to Miami...I could not justify close to 300 bucks for a cruddy no name hotel room, some of those places were seedy looking! I can not believe people really pay that amount to stay in a dump! I backed my search up to Ft. Lauderdale and found a nice LaQuinta right off the highway for 130$.

Ft. Lauderdale gives you more cost effective options whether it's for flight or hotel or both.

I enjoyed your review thank you for taking the time to write it!

I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. Thanks for taking the time to check it out. The breeze, although probably not my favorite carnival ship (Glory), is a great ship and this vacation was my travel highlight of 2014 for sure. I'm also still working on my ecstasy 4-day review from a few weeks ago and hopefully I can sit down this weekend after Christmas and get it done.

Even though I am driving from the Panhandle to Miami...I could not justify close to 300 bucks for a cruddy no name hotel room, some of those places were seedy looking! I can not believe people really pay that amount to stay in a dump! I backed my search up to Ft. Lauderdale and found a nice LaQuinta right off the highway for 130$.

Ft. Lauderdale gives you more cost effective options whether it's for flight or hotel or both.

I only paid like $90 with tax for the suite that we stayed at and it was a really good hotel with plenty of stuff in the area and not far from FLL. I have stayed at the Laquinta across US1 a few times and although it costs more now than a few years ago, still well under a hundred. They also work with a shuttle van company to get people to the cruise port in Miami and it is very reasonably priced. I would never pay an arm and a leg to stay anywhere in that area, unless it is a 5 star type place. But yeah, there are some nasty places around there that are cheap but I wouldn't think of staying at. FLL is definitely more reasonable to fly into and stay near than MIA at least for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you so much for sharing your cruise experience. I enjoyed living though your time. Your review has got me excited for my time on the Breeze in March!

It was my pleasure to share my experiences with everyone. I have read quite a few awesome reviews and have learned so much about cruising and ports that I never knew before, so I am more than glad to contribute my thoughts and experiences so others can get the same benefit. Have fun on the Breeze. You will find that 6 or 8 days or whatever is not enough time to see and do everything that there is to do and see on that ship. The ports are pretty cool also, lol. Enjoy and let us know how you liked your cruise when you get back.

loved loved loved reading your review. thanks for responding to mine or I might not have seen it! :(

interesting that we had a lot of the same thoughts about the ports and experiences on ship. like the fact that I continually saw the same people throughout the cruise and the tacos at Blue Iguana.

I rate the cruise an A- as well!

It took me probably close to a month to complete the whole thing, just typing out one day at a time and including pics whenever I got a few hours of uninterrupted peace and quiet. Thanks for checking it out. I have done a bunch of these now and I hope each is better than the one before. They sure are fun to write, especially in the middle of winter when it is cold and dark outside and thinking about tropical paradise helps get me through the season. I really enjoyed the ports also, that was my first time in the Dominican, Curacao and Aruba and each is unique and beautiful. The Breeze is a lot different than most Carnival ships, as it is new, larger, and has many, many amenities and technological advances that a lot of classic ships don't have. I did enjoy it and may sail it again someday. I surely thought the burritos at Blue Iguana were way better than the tacos though. And Mongolian wok is more than worth the wait, it is very good. I have been following your review also, and thanks for posting it and glad to see we have another cruise addict on our hands. :D

• 2 weeks later...

You don't by chance have a copy of the fun times do you... or for that matter the kids club fun times (I know it's a Ling shot with that once since you don't have kids lol). But was hoping to check out the fun times since we are on this same itinerary in March.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

You don't by chance have a copy of the fun times do you... or for that matter the kids club fun times (I know it's a Ling shot with that once since you don't have kids lol). But was hoping to check out the fun times since we are on this same itinerary in March.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately I don't anymore. I think I threw them out when doing some pre-Christmastime cleaning around the house. I am sure the Funtimes covers the Camp Carnival stuff though and if you call Carnival they might be able to give you more info on that, not totally sure though. There really is a lot to do on those ships, not to mention the ports and I wasn't even able to do everything I wanted to do onboard in 8 days, and we had 3 full sea days. Have fun on your journey for sure, the Breeze is a great ship.