Spirit Vista Suite vs Solstice Balcony

niss200sx

Hi all,

Currently looking at booking our first cruise and would really appreciate some advice.

Myself and my wife will be travelling with our 4 year old.

We've narrowed our options down to Carnival Spirit in a vista suite, which has a separate sitting area, or Celebrity Solstice in a balcony cabin.

Both cruises are the same length and destinations and almost the same cost.

The one perk of going with Celebrity is that they're including a 'free' classic drinks package for 2.

Do you think Carnival would be more family friendly?

It may work out slightly dearer as no drinks would be included. Obviously the suite on Carnival Spirit would be more suitable than a balcony cabin on Celebrity Solstice.

• 2 months later...

There is really no comparison between Carnival and Celebrity. If you are going during spring break, expect a lot of young energy on Carnival. Celebrity is the upscale division of Royal Caribbean. I would choose them over Carnival, especially if the price is the same and you get the beverage package (which also includes fresh squeezed orange juice, specialty coffee & tea and bottled water). Both have great kids programs and are family friendly. Either way, a cruise is a great vacation experience.

Enjoy!

The Spirit class vista suites are fantastic. Be careful, they are configured differently on different decks and they don't all have separate sitting rooms. Deck 5 vista suites do not. Deck 4 (4228 & 4237) are by far the best because of the separate sitting and dressing areas as well as the larger room size and covered balcony for more privacy. We've cruised both celebrity and carnival and would choose a vista suite over a celebrity balcony.

It depends what time of the year you are going?

The Spirit is a very family orientated ship, which would be good for a 4 year old, especially if they're on their own.

Not as upmarket as celebrity but that might work out in your favour depending on the time of year (for instance cruising celebrity mid school term might not have many kids at all and might become boring for your 4yo?).

We just got back from a cruise on Legend and my sister had the Vista suite on deck 6, with the separate sitting room which is where the 3rd bed is.

Much more space and better layout, especially for those nights you want child to go to sleep but you stay up watching a movie etc, they are separated so not tempted to keep awake and asking you questions all night (like we experienced in our balcony suite with ours!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The drink package offered on Celebrity is far more inclusive than the Cheers program. It includes bottled water.

If you add 11.50 per day, you get the premium package which covers almost anything you could want to drink.

I don't know what the ship "vibe " is down under, we always enjoyed the Spirit when she was home ported here in San Diego - but overall the Solstice is a much nicer ship. :)

Edited by CRUZBUDS