Question RE: Taking Meds Onboard

patpav

For those of you cruisers that carry medicine onboard in your carry on, do you need a letter from your doctor or are you ok as long as the meds are in their original perscription bottles? Thanks for your replies!

Patty

My DH takes about 11 pills a day (heart condition), and he has them separated in those plastic pill thingys that have the days of the week of them (he has 2 - one for a.m. meds, one for p.m.), and that's how he travels with them, and he has never had a problem.

Michele

IM and SUBQ refer to Inter-muscular and subqtaneous (sp) and are different types of shots.

However, my husband is a diabetic and has traveled extensively with his needles and insulin and has never had a problem. If you do have to inject medicine, the room steward will provide you with a sharps container for the needles.

Hi there, I take a goodly bit of medication as does my spouse we always carry meds in the original container and that has always been good enough. A tip pack yourself a small first aid kit with salve, band-aids, tums, tylenol, etc. It comes in so handy

Trish

Remember to hand carry meds just in case your luggage gets lost or delayed.

Absolutely. We travel with children, 6 and 9, and our carry-on includes jewelry, camera, meds, sunblock, swimsuits, and shorts and tee-shirts for all. The first thing the kids want to do when we get on board is swim so I take them to the pool while the wife, and moms go make their spa reservations so all are happy.

Archived