Disembarking The Rhapsody

lindnet

Hi, thanks in advance for anyone's help! They just opened up the reservations on SWA out of Hobby for the rest of Dec. and I'm trying to make a decision on my flight returning home. Can anyone give me an idea of approximately what time you got off the Rhapsody? And do you know how they decide who gets early disembarkation?

I'm not sure but I think the location of your cabin/suite determines when you disembark. Also I am thinking people with airline connections get priority status as well but maybe only if they booked with RCI. :confused: I was surprised to see all the colored tags readily available for anyone to take near the purser's office. We had no airplane connection so we just waited for our colored tag to be called. I didn't really notice the time but it was faster than any of my previous cruises, less than an hour from when they first started to disembark. They really do a good job of keeping things moving.

It was sad leaving :(

I'm not sure but I think the location of your cabin/suite determines when you disembark. Also I am thinking people with airline connections get priority status as well but maybe only if they booked with RCI. :confused: I was surprised to see all the colored tags readily available for anyone to take near the purser's office. We had no airplane connection so we just waited for our colored tag to be called. I didn't really notice the time but it was faster than any of my previous cruises, less than an hour from when they first started to disembark. They really do a good job of keeping things moving.

It was sad leaving :(

Forgot to mention, we were on deck 4.

The only hard and fast rule that I know of is that the international folks have to be processed before the ship is cleared to off load. Last time we had some internationals (Russian I believe) that just slept in and delayed the whole process. That said, I believe that the truth is that once the ship is cleared you can do it when you want to...despite all the color coding. Alternatively just ask for an early exit in order to connect to a flight and there should be no problems mon.

Depending a little on which airport you are leaving from...If its IAH...I just wouldnt do anything before 1...Not that you will need that much time...But as hectic as Bush (IAH) can be at times..and allowing for and 11/2 hour trip to the airport...and then the extra security time they want you to have...That would be a very comfortable cushion...Noon out of Hobby..

We live between the port,and Hobby and are home by 11,1130....But we do wait for our color....

Like Bonnie said...You can get an early tag...If everything goes smooth,you find all your luggage,ship clears customes early....Its December...Weather could be an issue...If your off by 9...I would consider that good.

Thanks for the replies! So you think I might be able to get an early tag just by asking for it?

I'm flying out of Hobby and the flight I'm trying to make is at 11:40. Otherwise, I have to wait till 3:30 and don't get back to my house until 11 pm!

In April, we had 3 cabins....one on 2, one on 3 and our JS on 8. We had the earliest of our group, pink tag that was to depart at 9 and the other 2 cabins were 10 & 10:15. Went to the Pursors Desk the night before(you have to have bags out in hall the last night) to see if we could all depart at the same time and I was told to just go over to the desk with all the colored tags on it and pick the time we wanted to depart. We kept the 9 time so we could have breakfast and one last tour of the Rhapsody before departing. We got to our car by 10. One word of advice.....spend a little on a tip and grab a cart and porter in the Customs Warehouse, it will make your exit much more pleasant. Also, if you don't have much in luggage, you can do the early exit as early as 7:30 but you have to carry your bags yourself to Customs.

Mike

www.homepage.mac.com/csealove/

hust off rhapsody 8 14 05. boo hoo. anyway we did express departure at 745am and carried off our luggage. we had a group of 67 perople and needed to all be off in time to catch our chartered bus to airport. also, at the pursers desk they stated you can go to them anytime after receiving your tags and change them for a different color. we just didn't want to do that with so many people.

745a express departure- carry off luggage

8a non us guests

810a physically challenged guests

820a guests staying in tremont/galvex hotle/tours/groups

guests with royal caribbean airport transgers

825a "" ""

830a guests on deck 8

835a deck 7 starboard

845a deck 7 port side

855a deck 4

910a deck 3 port side

920a deck 3 starboard

925a deck 2 port side

930a deck 2 starboard

hope you have as great a time as we did. Drink a BBC for me.

amy

Thanks everyone! Amy, I will have several BBC's for you! And thanks for that list...I think I'll go for the express departure as well. I guess I could go with the Galvez guest one, since we're staying there pre-cruise and leaving my friend's car there. Since I'm on deck 2, I don't want to wait for my appointed time!

Archived