Golden Alaska r/t SFO w/ inside passage question

SheriffJoe

I know the inside passage starts just above Vancouver and continues all the way up to North of Juneau but we MUCH prefer the routes that actually passes between Canada and Vancouver Island to the route outside of Vancouver Island so my question is does this cruise do the route between Canada and Vancouver Island? The cruise name says "sailing the inside passage" BUT I know that sometimes this is marketing doubletalk and the only portion of the inside passage sailed is from Ketchikan Northward ......Thanks for your help

I know the inside passage starts just above Vancouver and continues all the way up to North of Juneau but we MUCH prefer the routes that actually passes between Canada and Vancouver Island to the route outside of Vancouver Island so my question is does this cruise do the route between Canada and Vancouver Island? The cruise name says "sailing the inside passage" BUT I know that sometimes this is marketing doubletalk and the only portion of the inside passage sailed is from Ketchikan Northward ......Thanks for your help
Alaska cruises out of San Francisco sail to the west of Vancouver Island, in the Pacific Ocean. Even cruises out of Seattle do that. It is much faster to do it that way. The only cruises that go between the mainland of British Columbia and Vancouver Island are the ones that leave out of Vancouver. (BTW, I know you didn't mean it that way, but Vancouver Island is part of Canada. Your question made it sound like it wasn't.)

Alaska cruises out of San Francisco sail to the west of Vancouver Island, in the Pacific Ocean. Even cruises out of Seattle do that. It is much faster to do it that way. The only cruises that go between the mainland of British Columbia and Vancouver Island are the ones that leave out of Vancouver. (BTW, I know you didn't mean it that way, but Vancouver Island is part of Canada. Your question made it sound like it wasn't.)

When did we give Vancouver to Canada? :p And though MOST from SFO go the outside route I have sailed on the inside from SFO but not on Princess....I looked for the little map thing with the itinerary but couldn't find it but I have not booked Princess in a few years so I better go back and study the web site and find it ALTHOUGH those maps are not always accurate either:eek:

As others have mentioned, Princess sails the west side of Vancouver Island (in the open ocean) on voyages from SFO. When Crystal used to sail the route regularly, their itineraries included the inside passage between Vancouver Island and mainland Canada. However, their itineraries were 12 days vs. Princess' 10 days. And they also included Vancouver as a day's port stop, putting them "in the area" to sail the inside passage of British Columbia.