Serenade - what to do in PR after ship docks?

alb38

I have also posted this under San Juan Ports but thought I might get more of a reponse from here.

We will be on Serenade in November/December and I need to know if there is anything to do within distance of San Juan Airport? We have a 3:30 flight and we are currently using RCCL transfers to go from ship to airport - I would like to know if there is anything to do. We wanted to go back to OSJ but not sure of what to do with luggage? Should we use ship transfers or taxi on our own. Is there anywhere to store luggage in OSJ while we walk around?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Last year we took a tour in the morning of Old San Juan. Even though we had been there several times, we really enjoyed the tour. Drove around through Old San Jaun, went over to the Fort for a while, then stopped up in Old San Juan along a plaza for about 1 1/2 hours. Guide told us a great local place to get sandwiches (not a place where he got a kickback), then meandered around through a local market set up in the plaza. Got back on the minibus to go to the airport. Was great way to get off the ship early and add onto our vacation. Only warning - we had to handle our own luggage as we were not let off the bus right next to the terminal door - was back at the parking garage. Not a problem as long as luggage has wheels.

Years ago we did the OSJ tour after our cruise. We took a tour bus around the city, stopped at El Morro, and did some shopping. Our luggage remained on the bus for the tour. We are going on SErenade in Nov too and have a late flight out so we are thinking of doing the Rainforest excursion through Royal C. Has any one done that excursion and is it worth the money? Thanks.

Years ago we did the OSJ tour after our cruise. We took a tour bus around the city, stopped at El Morro, and did some shopping. Our luggage remained on the bus for the tour. We are going on SErenade in Nov too and have a late flight out so we are thinking of doing the Rainforest excursion through Royal C. Has any one done that excursion and is it worth the money? Thanks.

I don't think that RCL offers this after you depart the ship - when I pulled up excursions under my booking number the only tours offered are the Bacardi Rum Factory and the walking tour of OSJ.

We were on the Constellation last year, and I'm not sure that you can leave your luggage at the airport for long periods of time anymore. We had an afternoon flight, and were allowed to check in after we arrived from the ship, but we spoke with others with later flights that said the airline would not check their luggage. The airport can be pretty crazy around disembarkation time, so if you can find a trip that allows you to avoid the airport until closer to your flight time, it may not be a bad idea.

You can get a day pass for one of the hotels locted near the airport. Isla Verde beach is only minutes away and they have several hotels, including the Ritz Carlton. You can take a cab, they'll store your luggage and give you access to their facilities. Make sure to contact hotels to make arrangements before you cruise if it's a busy time. When we were on the Constellation, several hotels told the concierge that they had sold out of their limited number of day passes.

Archived